Jambands.ca

Watch out Leafs and Habs fans...

rubberdinghy

I am SSSSOOOOOOOO happy about this...had to share...

SENATORS SIGN SHAUN VAN ALLEN

Centre signs multi-year deal with Club

OTTAWA - Ottawa Senators general manager John Muckler today announced centre Shaun Van Allen has signed a multi-year deal with the Club.

Van Allen split last season between Montreal and Dallas, having been traded to Montreal on November 21, 2001 along with Donald Audette for Martin Rucinsky and Benoit Brunet. In 73 games with Montreal and Dallas, Van Allen recorded 8 goals, 21 points and 26 penalty minutes. He has played a total of 643 NHL games, recording 70 goals, 155 assists, 225 points and 335 penalty minutes.

Van Allen, 34, will join the Senators for his second stint with the Club, having previously played in Ottawa for four seasons from 1996-97 through 1999-2000. In his four previous seasons with Ottawa, he had 30 goals, 59 assists and 150 penalty minutes in 314 games.

I'ld be more worried if I were an Ottawa fan actually. Alexandre Daigle is going to tear it up in San Jose (once he makes the team, mind you) and you guys are going to look like suckers for not having signed him to a 10+ year contract when you could have............ [big Grin]

i was just at the airport and some senator was there off to Zurich. (3 huge bauer bags, a slick suit and an accent- but i have no idea who it was, so i guess this is only slightly related to the thread).. i gave him a little wink as he left with his ticket, as to say.. 'win it for me this year, comrad' .. i think we can count on a capital cup this year. [Wink]

Come guys, let's be serious here. We all know that a Canadian team will not one a Stanley Cup anytime soon. I'm a HUGE Oilers fan and all I can do now is hope and dream they make the playoffs. The Americans just have too much money and that leaves us Canucks a bunch of dreamers!!!

Ottawa has done nothing to improve itself. They are just maintaining their status by signing Van Allen. Ottawa still has way too many guys who play the exact same style, with differing degrees of success and skill. Their draft this year was a disgrace to everything Canadian too. The only thing that should make Sens fans comfortable about the future is that John Muckler is in charge, instead of that horse-faced Marshall Johnston. But all this pales in comparison to how boring Ottawa plays the game. I'd rather watch paint dry.

I disagree Fink.

The Stanley Cup cannot be won by money alone, and don't let Detroit convince you that it can. They may have had a zillion dollars but they truly won the cup with heart.

That is what hockey's all about. Heart and soul. And Canadian teams, players and fans have more heart for hockey than anyone else in the world.

If you saw the Canucks play in the latter half of the 01/02 season, then you'd believe in their chances. Trust me, this is going to be a big year.

The Western Conference is either Vancouver, San Jose, Detroit or Colorado, and nobody in the east will challenge any of these teams for the Cup.

That's my opinion anyways! GO CANUCKS.

I also believe that in the 2 years before the impending lockout, 2 teams with low budgets and tons of heart will win - to show the league and the players association that low salaries and smart business is the way to be.

But that would be a perfect world I guess...

hey Fatbasstard... if you ever get into the preaching business, i'm sure you'll find me in the congregation

quote:

If you saw the Canucks play in the latter half of the 01/02 season, then you'd believe in their chances. Trust me, this is going to be a big year.

HALLELUJAH!!!

quote:

show the league and the players association that low salaries and smart business is the way to be

PRAISE BE!

quote:

GO CANUCKS

AMEN!