Jambands.ca

Thank You Portugal!

Jaimoe

Friday, August 23, 2002

Nickelback jeered off stage at music fest

By CANOE

It's too bad Nickelback's huge success hasn't carried over to Portugal.

The Vancouver band quit two songs into their set at a music festival in Portugal after being pelted by rocks and bottles.

Video footage from Portuguese TV shows frontman Chad Kroeger being showered by a water bottle, and immediately asking the crowd afterwards: "Are there any Nickelback fans in Portugal?"

PELTED BY ROCK

After the audience lets out a dull roar, Kroeger asks, "Are you sure?"

"It's up to you, do you want to hear some rock 'n' roll or do you want to go home?"

The response was a rock thrown into the back of Kroeger's head. The band left the stage, but not before Kroeger and drummer Ryan Vikedal gave the middle finger salute to the crowd. Kroeger appeared to be unhurt from the incident.

God bless Portuagal! Now, let's hope Our Lady Peace, The Tea Party, Puddle Of Mudd, Diana Krall, Celine, Enrique, Shakira, Backstreet Boys, Creed, NSYNC and Edwin would play Portuagal next.

Trust me Annette. Work can be very painful to the senses. I now monitor all 4 of our " music " channels and these performers kill me almost every day. It can be torture. As bad as Nickelback is, Enrique's new single, " Don't Turn Out The Lights " is the worst song in recent memory.

Hey Annette. It ain't all bad. The odd time some " real " music gets played. God Bless bands like: The White Stripes, Hives, Tool, Queens Of The Stone Age, Clash, Ramones The Strokes, Danko Jones, Sloan, Foo Fighters, Nirvana. These bands keep me from going insane at work.