Jambands.ca

tree time again?

Blane

Heya! In celebration of the phunky return of phish, why don't we put our energies together and share out one (or two) of their greats? It's been a while since i've helped out with one of these and I'd be willing to share up one of my faves if we get some interest.

Here are a few candidates I'd propose. Please vote for the two you'd like to see treed and include how many (if any) copies you could make for others, and what format you'd like (SHN or Audio discs). I'm going to judge whether to do one or two shows based on the # of discs required for the selected shows and the number of people signed up. Hope that's ok with everyone else.

#1- 07-02-94 Garden State Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ

SOURCE: FOB B&K 4011

1: Golgi Apparatus, The Divided Sky, Guelah Papyrus, Fast Enough for You, Scent of a Mule, Tweezer, Lifeboy, Sparkle, Tweezer Reprise

2: Also Sprach Zarathustra, Mike's Song-> Simple-> Mike's Song-> Y-Rushalayim Schel Zahav-> I Am Hydrogen-> Weekapaug Groove*-> Run Like an Antelope Jam**-> Also Sprach Zarathustra Jam***-> Weekapaug Groove, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters, Maze, Sample in a Jar-> Slave to the Traffic Light, Highway to Hell

E: Rift

-----------------------------------------------------

#2- 07-15-94 Jones Beach Music Theater,Long Island, NY

SOURCE: FOB B&K 4011

1: Rift, Sample in a Jar, Divided Sky, Gumbo, Foam, Fee, Split Open and Melt, Golgi Apparatus

2: Letter to Jimmy Page-> David Bowie*, Bouncing Around the Room, Reba**-> It's Ice-> Y-Rushalayim Schel Zahav, Dog Faced Boy, Julius, Setting Sail^#, Runaway Jim

E: Sleeping Monkey, Rocky Top

*With "Jessica" jam. **"Reba" unfinished, no whistling. ^Fish announces this as a new singalong written by Tom Marshall. #First time played. NOTE: This show was the first solar-powered Phish concert.

----------------------------------------------------

#3- 04-05-94 Metropolis, Montreal, QC,

SOURCE: B&K 4011

1: Runaway Jim, Foam, Fluffhead, Glide, Julius, Bouncing Around the Room, Rift, AC/DC Bag

2: Peaches en Regalia, Ya Mar, Tweezer, If I Could, You Enjoy Myself-> I Wanna Be Like You, Chalk Dust Torture, Amazing Grace

E: Nellie Cane, Golgi Apparatus

----------------------------------------------------

#4- 05-04-94 State Palace Theater, New Orleans, LA

SOURCE: Sony ECM 260F

1: Runaway Jim, Foam, Sample in a Jar, It's Ice, Sparkle, Axilla [Part II], Tweezer, Lifeboy, Rift-> Tweezer Reprise

2: Run Like an Antelope#, Bouncing Around the Room, You Enjoy Myself*, Buried Alive*, The Landlady*, Julius*, Wolfman's Brother*, Magilla*, Suzy Greenberg*

E: Caravan*

#Dedicated to the baby of a friend of Trey (who received a call during setbreak); Trey suggests the baby be named Marco Esquandolas, that he'll make sure the baby hears the tapes, and dedicates it with "I hope you live your life like that last jam." *With the Cosmic Country Horns (Carl Gerhard - trumpet, Michael Ray - trumpet, Tony Tate - tenor sax, Dave Grippo - alto sax, Jerome Theriot - baritone sax, and Rick Trolsen - trombone).

#5- 07-30-97 Ventura County Fairgrounds, Ventura, CA

SOURCE: FOB-Neumann km140> Oade> SBM1>P1

1: NICU, Wolfman's Brother-> Chalk Dust Torture, Water in the Sky, Stash, Weigh, Piper, Cars Trucks Buses, Character Zero

2: Punch You in the Eye, Free, David Bowie*-> Cities-> David Bowie, Bouncing Around the Room, Uncle Pen, Prince Caspian, Fire

E: My Soul

#6- 08-16-97 Loring Air Force Base, Limestone, ME

SOURCE: FM (needs 4 audio discs)

1: Makisupa Policeman-> Harpua*, Chalk Dust Torture, Theme From the Bottom, Punch You in the Eye-> Ghost, Ginseng Sullivan, You Enjoy Myself, Train Song, Character Zero, The Squirming Coil (1:16)

2: Wolfman's Brother-> Simple** -> My Soul#-> Slave to the Traffic Light, Rocky Top, Julius (1:08)

3: Halley's Comet-> Cities-> Llama-> Lawn Boy, Limb By Limb^-> Funky Bitch (0:59)

E: Contact-> Loving Cup (0:13)

-------------------------------------------------------

#7- 06-15-00 Big Cat, Nishi Shinsaibashi, Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

SOURCE: Scheops 64(v)>KC5>EAA>SBM1

1: NICU, Chalkdust Torture, AC/DC Bag, Uncle Pen, Ghost, Frankie Says, The Divided Sky, Farmhouse (1:10)

2: Down With Disease*, Lizards, Bike > Hold Your Head Up, You Enjoy Myself (1:16)

E: Gotta Jibboo

I'll wait a 'till after the weekend before making any decisions.

Blane

• 5 weeks later...

bsherman and jay, the tree has already been started, so maybe you should check with one of the branches and see if they'll spin a copy for you (B&P). I know I did copies for Doug and Ms Hux, and backbacon too I think. THey might be good places to start.