Jambands.ca

Compiling My Life Story

shainhouse

Shows, in no particular order (can't remember the dates...) and of course the list is missing many shows (excludes local bands like Nero, Liquified etc - and all the shows I can't remember....back to 1980!!)

Boston

Kingston Trio

Mamas & Papas

Styx

Beach Boys.....

Red Rider

Toronto

April Wine (way too may times!!!)

5 Man Electrical Band

Ramones

Cars

David Bowie

Genesis (x5)

Steve Hacket

Peter Gabrial (x6)

Laurie Anderson

Nash the Slash

FM

Iggy Pop

Tragically Hip

Spirit of the West (x4)

Sky Diggers

Paul Simon (Graceland Tour)

Phish (Oswego, To & Rochester)

Allman Bros

Dave MAthews (x4)

Bela Fleck

Super TRamp

Sarah Maglachlan (x3)

Great Big Sea (x4)

Moe (@ one of the Moedown festivals)

Ani Defranco

Leonard Cohen

MMW

Blue Rodeo (x6)

Jim Cuddy (@ the Black Sheep Inn!!!)

ACDC (Hells Bells Tour!!)

James Brown

Neil Young

Bruce Cockburn

Jesse Cooke

The Who

Parliament (funkadellic)

Mike Oldfield (Tubular Bells)

Midnight Oil

Diana Krall

Grapes of Wrath

54 40

Phillip Glass

Ferron

Bob Dylan

Joni Mitchell

Ottawa Blues Fest (1998-2002)

etc etc etc

and the list goes on.....

I've saved every ticket stub I've ever had (lost one - The Dead someplace) in a photo album with a list of who I went with. Gotta admit, though I disagree that audience size/venue makes it a show or not, I don't list bar shows unless I think they should be/will be bigger acts (moe. @ Zaphod's, Jeff Healey at a dance bar in Moncton, Bob Wiseman at the Cellar). The list starts August 3rd, 1983 with me front & centre g/a for The Headpins opening for Loverboy, The Moncton Coliseum. Absolutely and irrevocably changed my life (and was a hell of a show). I swore to myself that night I would go see as many live shows as I could. That year I saw all four that came to Moncton; Lydia Taylor Band, Toronto (who I later opened for - funny), and The Headpins again. The list goes through styles and distances, which sorta chronicles my musical and travelling growth over the years. After Loverboy comes the Kiss's and the Alice Coopers, travelling now to Saint John and Fredericton, to Metallica and GnR, and travelling to Montreal and Toronto. SRV, Dylan and Pink Floyd bleeding into the Allman's and Phish and the Dead, hitting the US for shows now, and then through Oscar Peterson and Moe Koffman and Herbie Hancock, Bobby McFerrin, McLaughlin, getting into Ravi Shankar and Philip Glass and seeing shows from Vancouver to Halifax to Arizona and Texas. I'll still see anything from cheesy classic rock to avante garde minimalism, Green Day one night and Al diMeola the next. It's fun to look through these things; I just filled my second photo album and I think I'm just over the 200 mark.

It just occured to me how appropriate it is that I keep these (to me) historical documents in photo albums. Not to be cheesy, but they're probably the only things I own that have made me wonder, "where will these go when I die?"