Jambands.ca

Terry Bozzio

AD

Terry Bozzio (ex of Frank Zappa, Jeff Beck etc...) is giving a drum clinic at the Mayfair Movie Theatre in Ottawa on November 7. Kinda interesting that the Mayfair is getting into that sort of thing. To think, Bozzio will be within spitting distance of my home. Cool!

ad

Here's Terry's website, and the tour dates.

The drum clinic is part of the Ottawa Bluesfest Concert Series 2002/2003.

Tickets are $15, and are available at:

• Cisco Systems Bluesfest Office - 1810 St. Laurent Blvd. - 247-1188 x.320
  • Compact Music - 785 1/2 Bank St. - 233-8922
  • Mayfair Theatre - 1074 Bank St. - 730-3403
  • Steve's Music Store - 308 Rideau St. - 789-1131
  • Ottawa Folklore Centre - 1111 Bank St. - 730-2887

Doors at 7pm, show starts at 7:30pm.

Thank you so much for the info! I had no idea he was coming, but will crawl through broken glass on my knees to be there!

Aloha,

Brad

I have seen him in clinic before in Toronto and it is well worth the effort. Seeing his drumset is alone is worth the price of admission...I am not even sure it will fit on the Opera House stage!!

He does a number of 'pieces' as opposed to just going apeshit on the kit. It is truly incredibile that there is only one person playing when you hear everything going on.

Jaimoe, keep me posted on your plans. I want to try and swing this one.

• 2 weeks later...

I was there, too. I don't think I'd ever seen the Mayfair so packed. I think I know why they had it at the Mayfair: Bozzio's kit wouldn't fit on most club stages; it had to be about 12' x 12'. I think I counted about six bass drums. He has a set of piccolo toms that are tuned, to a Cmaj scale. Have you ever heard a drummer change keys? Bozzio can. His solo drumming consists of playing compositions, rather than just being drum solos.

And he played "The Black Page"! I never imagined I'd get to see that piece played, by anybody, and to have it done right in front of me, by the guy for whom it was written, with him explaining how it came about, was magical. Makes me wish I had taped it... [Frown]

Aloha,

Brad