Jambands.ca

What to do in Toronto after Yes!

Jaimoe

Depending on your musical tastes and time constraints due to Chris, Steve and the boys show, here's a quick list of some concerts and club suggestions for you tonight:

Healey's: Son Seals - The Funky Bitch himself. A blues master.

The Horseshoe: The Rheostatics

Montreal Bistro: John Abercrombie Trio - great guitarist and former Miles Davis collaborator.

Chicago's: Always fun and a great place to check out local blues and funk acts.

The Rex: A great jazz club on Queen Street near University.

Grossman's: A dive of a place, but there's always great blues and jazz performers there... plus it's in Chinatown: Swatow is just south of this place ( same side of the street, Spadina ) - best Chinese food in Toronto.

Silver Dollar: Blues institution, plus it's in Chinatown.

Thievery Corporation is also playing tonight at The Opera House.. They're pretty awesome! They play some really chillin' electronic loungy type music. You can check out some more info on 'em and listen to some tracks RIGHT HERE.

That said though, I'd go for Son Seals! Wish I knew about this gig a bit earlier.

Well, as some of you may know, tonight will be an awesome night of music as Yes takes the stage at Massey Hall. However, I know that I will not want to stop partying after the show. So, here's the question: What's a live music person such as myself to do on a Saturday night (Nov. 16th) in Toronto? Know any good shows?

Thanks for all the great ideas. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to check back here for ideas. Fortunately, here's how the day went...

CD Shopping on Yongue Street (6 new CD's, 2 new DVD's)

Dinner on Yongue Street (Superior Restaurant)

Yes at Massey Hall (we scammed awesome seats for the second set and it was all around awesome!)

Quick Beer at the Horseshoe ($16 for a Rheostatics show - I don't think so)

Lee jahn at the Comfort Zone (awesome Toronto Reggae band!)

Keiran Overs & Ensemble (10 piece Jazz band - Double Bass, Grand Piano, Drums, Bass Clarinet, Saxaphone x2, Trumpet x2, Trombone x2) at The Rex

SNOWSTORM (nice walk to hotel - no cabs to be had)

We were hoping to hit an after hours bar but there were no cabs anywhere to be found because of the snow storm. So, we ordered a pizza to our room, listened to Phish: Farmhouse through the interactive music service, and then finally slept.

An awesome night!

I saw a couple of people that I thought I recognized at the Rheostatics show but no one that I know by name.

Love and peace,

\/\/i!!y