Jambands.ca

Insanity hits Canadian Radio

Chewie

Toronto ON

March 28, 2003 @ 7:06am ET

CP 24 reports that CHUM AM has pulled a number of songs from their play list in light of the war in Iraq.

Soldier Boy by The Shirelles

Shotgun by Jr. Walker & The All Stars

The Universal Soldier by Donovan

Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) by Cher

Abraham, Martin And John by Dion

Revolution by The Beatles

Street Fighting Man by The Rolling Stones

In The Year 2525 by Zager And Evans

Give Peace A Chance By John Lennon

One Tin Soldier by The Original Caste

When I Die by Blood, Sweat and Tears

The Cruel War by Sugar And Spice

War by Edwin Starr

Live And Let Die by Paul McCartney

The Night Chicago Died by Paper Lace

Billy, Don't Be A Hero by Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods

Fighting On The Side Of Love by The T.H.P. Orchestra

The Dream Never Dies by The Cooper Brothers

whaddya think Jaimoe???

first things first, that cher song should've been pulled long ago...

also, it's Chum AM. Lotsa cows in barns listen to that station...and 'well-informed' diner patrons and short-order cooks, possibly the odd commuter bored with scanning FM, and people driving U-hauls.

It's a typical knee-jerk reaction to attempt to show solidarity in war-times. How the two are related is beyond me-is it supposed to not remind people of war? Why don't TV channels pull new programs? seems a bit more relavant than a piece of music.

quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Musicface:

Wanna bet there are "unoffical" lists for every station right now? There usually are during war.

Try this: call your fave classic rock station during their "all-request" hour or whatever and ask them to play "War Pigs" or "Eve of Destruction". Get your friends to do the same so you know there are multiple requests for the same song in. Betcha they won't play 'em...
[Frown]

well, i can't speak for other stations but we do NOT have any such list, nor have we altered our in any way to humour anyone.

our rock station still plays war pigs.

after sept 11 we still played free fallin and our oldies staion played leavin on a jet plane.

anyone who would become upset by these songs and lyrics that have NOTHING to do with terrorism or war are mentally unstable and have my sympathy and contempt.

i'm not bitching about your post mr mf...just the stupidity of some in our society

Wanna bet there are "unoffical" lists for every station right now? There usually are during war.

Try this: call your fave classic rock station during their "all-request" hour or whatever and ask them to play "War Pigs" or "Eve of Destruction". Get your friends to do the same so you know there are multiple requests for the same song in. Betcha they won't play 'em... [Frown]

Archived