Jambands.ca

Need Computer Help please

jay sanislo

Ok i got xp yesterday for my computer and my sister chose to start everything from scratch and erase everything. Now i dont even get sound nor can i burn cds and a whole bunch of other thing dont work. It seems that the internet is all that does work.

When i try to play audio or anything for that matter it says i have no sound card. And when i try to burn a cd an error comes up. Can someone please help me, i just got the new LOTR game for the computer and im dying to try it, and also dying to hear some sounds to.

its good that you have the net... that means you can get what you'll need... search for device drivers for all your non-functioning hardware... if you have documentation of what make and model your soundcard etc is, go to the company website and get the latest version of their driver for XP... or if you don't have documentation look for your hardware profiles in your 'control panel'...

you can also search the web for versions of different drivers... find em, download em, install em... should get you on your way...

if not, try kicking it [Wink]

you can also try leaving the CD she (?) built the system from in the drive and then try firing up your software. sometimes if a driver is missing or wrong the operating system will try to go back to where the system was loaded from. You may get the driver you need and then be able to swap in a blank disk to record to.

#@$%ing computers!