Jambands.ca

Jeff Tweedy is checking in

kung

WILCO CANCEL DATES AFTER SINGER CHECKS INTO REHAB

Wilco frontman Jeff Tweedy has entered rehab to conquer his painkiller addiction -- and has forced the band to cancel their forthcoming European tour.

The promotional trip for the cult rocker's new album, A Ghost Is Born, has been put on hold while the singer receives treatment to battle an addiction to prescription painkillers.

A spokesperson for Wilco says all upcoming European tour dates will be canceled.

The band were due to play Barcelona on May 28, but other dates were expected to be announced.

Tweedy has a long history of migraines, hence the battle with painkillers.

I guess the media outlets got the story kind of wrong, there were no european dates to cancel just some media stuff and currently Coachella and Bonnaroo are still on the blocks. I've heard talk of Tweedy saying how he was fucked on pills on a number of bootlegs so I buy it.

Wilco dates from WilcoWorld.net

APR-21 COLUMBIA, MO THE BLUE NOTE

APR-23 NEW ORLEANS, LA ORPHEUM

APR-24 AUSTIN, TX STUBB'S BBQ

APR-25 AUSTIN, TX STUBB'S BBQ

APR-27 SANTA FE, NM THE LENSIC THEATRE

APR-28 FLAGSTAFF, AZ THE ORPHEUM THEATRE

APR-29 TUCSON, AZ RIALTO THEATRE

MAY-01 INDIO, CA COACHELLA

MAY-28 BARCELONA, SPAIN PRIMAVERA SOUND

JUN-06 PITTSBURGH, PA THREE RIVERS ARTS FESTIVAL

JUN-07 POUGHKEEPSIE, NY THE CHANCE

JUN-11 MANCHESTER, TN BONNAROO

In Barcelona they were scheduled to play Primavera Sound Festival... That is a seriously good festival... I went 2 years ago and saw Spiritualized, Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, Pulp, etc... all in beautiful Barcelona....

Hope Tweedy clears his act up soon. The new album is great and I want to see him play it live....

ad

If you want to listen to the album it's been put on the net by Wilco themselves. Go to wilcoworld.net to hear it. The actual album will not be released on CD until the end of June.

I really hope Jeff Tweedy gets better soon. He's one of my favorite artists, I've seen him a dozen times and was hoping to see Wilco at Bonnaroo.