Jambands.ca

4/20 Party in Peterborough!!

DevO

I know most of you will be at the Bela Fleck show in The Hammer.. But if you can't make it to Hamilton, we're having one final blowout party at my house in Peterborough. Come one, come all!

420party.jpg

featuring The Busboyeez - a five man, all bus boy sex rock assault system hailing from Ottawa. They sing such hits as "Jesus Was a Bus Boy" and "Lesbian Sandwich". You can check out some songs here. These guys are gonna blow the roof off of 793 George!

DJ's spinning funk, disco, break beats and hip hop well into the morning..

(thanks Lynn for hosting the pic!)

what a freakin' night!!!!! holy.

so the cops finally shut us down at 2am and we got a $130 fine for noise likely to disturb. GRRRR!!! this is the first time that's happened after about 5 or 6 of these band/dj's/kegger gigs at our house. the cops were actually quite reasonable though.. we had 5 noise complaints apparently.

yeah, twas a very stressful evening from the first cop visit (11:30pm?) until 2am. once most cleared out, there were about 25 of us and we had a fucking party! qqc and caroline, i wish youz guys were still there! we headed over to the park and sat by the river with bowls as the sun came up this morning. thanks for coming though and i hope it was an enjoyable occasion. what do you think of The Busboyeez? i didn't see much of The Busboyeez but they sounded pretty rockin.

ps - The Unintended are coming to town in a few weeks! Members include Greg Keeler (Blue Rodeo), a guy from Eric's Trip, and all of The Sadies. Also, The Deadly Snakes in about a week, and Don Ross at Market Hall on June 25th (my birthday!).