Jambands.ca

Kimock in Buffalo

HaMike

Yeah I'll be hitting this show like it stole something (TOronto show that is). Only time I've seen Kimock play was at Darien with The Other Ones in Summer '98. 'Twas a good show I do recall. Kimock has some deadly mp3's and video clips at his site by the way.

Kimock has some deadly mp3's and video clips at his site by the way.

But not enough cowbell in his material, don't you agree?

So true.

There's never enough cowbell really! I wonder if anyone has ever put together a cowbell symphony, or a cowbell philharmonic....? This would be the ultimate satisfaction.

Holy mother of god.. Look at this nugget that I just found: The Cowbell Project!

"Guitar, Bass, Drums, Keys. The foundation of rock music. Occasionally strings are used to give a lush, orchestral feel. But we all know when a song needs that extra oomph, that extra push over the top, there's only one thing that will satisfy: The Cowbell.

It's the cymbal's evil third cousin. It's the dark ring that pounds in the back of your brain and lets you know, it's time to rock. The cowbell is an instrument that can't be overused. It should never be underused. Many great rock and roll songs are perfect because the cowbell is used just right."

yup, '91 was the last time indeedy. the folks at kimock-kamp have asked me to round up some people to help spread the word. if anybody is interested shoot me an email - tatterdemalion99@yahoo.com. we can get fliers/posters sent to a copy place near you, and i'm pretty sure a few guest passes can be dished out. opera house is too huge a venue for kimock, but if the word gets out it might hit a decent number.

Today the promoter left me a message that the show would have to be at the Opera House afterall since the Mod Club was booked that day. He also said that it wasn't a completely done deal, but seeing as it appears Kimock camp is already trying to get the word out, that's a pretty good indication that the show will happen I think.

Hey Rossolee, I didn't know that was Kimock at the RR Heaven show in '91...guess I've seen Kimock a couple of times afterall :)