Jambands.ca

beer news

Mr. Musicface

Surprisingly, It's easier to get Unibroue beer here in Switzerland than in Ontario. It's really well distributed here, and always nice to walk into a bar with one of those big-ass "Fin du Monde" oval signs hanging on the wall. On the issue of Kegging, it may also have to do with the fact that the beer is bottle fermented, which may be something hard to translate to a keg form. Just speculation on that.

Here's to swilling down a blanche tonight! (I'll be starting with Blanche de Chambly and moving on to Blanche de Bruges once I get to the bar)

On the issue of Kegging, it may also have to do with the fact that the beer is bottle fermented, which may be something hard to translate to a keg form.

Maybe, except Blanche de Chambly as the most common kegged U beer is bottle fermented as well I believe.

Enjoy those beers Blane, nice to know there's a taste of home for you over there! :D

- M.

America may run the world these days, but Europeans pride themselves on two areas of undisputed superiority - football and beer.

Until now, that is: Fifa, football's governing body, has decided that fans at the 2006 World Cup in Germany should not drink the local brew.

A sponsorship deal between Fifa and US brewer Anheuser-Busch could bar German beers from World Cup venues.

German politicians are beside themselves with patriotic fury.

FullStory