Jambands.ca

National Rainbow Gathering

bONES

Funny I was gonin reply Rainbow gathering in the other thread....

anyway

This year the North American Rainbow Gathering (hence referred to as the Gathering) will be in the Great Basin states (Utah, Nevada, California), from July 1 - July 7. Directions won't be announced until mid June, after Spring Council. So check back for directions then.

Ignore all rumors of cancellation or organization! Live Lightly with the Land and People!

Rainbow Gathering

the National Gathering has always been held in the continental USA as far as I know, but once again I''m no fountain of knowledge [Frown]

there are/have been regional gatherings in the past in Quebec, and also in BC (north of Nelson in 2000) and in the Carmanah/Walbran Valleys on Vancouver Island in the past...

i was at the Montana Gathering 2000 with EarthFreak...we drove down from BC...found it no problem (you start to encounter more and more hippies the closer you get)...we started the master cleanse before we left and it was really easy and really HARD at the same time!

the gathering was very KIND in many respects, one being the food!

everything is FREE at a gathering and the food is INCREDIBLE!! homemade pizza and bread made in handmade stone & barrel ovens...

everything is carried in and carried out or burned at the end of the stay (ie: wicked furniture made on site with no nails, etc.)

...the Gathering is the next best thing to the Oregon Country Fair

Last international one I was at was in 90-91 or so...in Vermont, not maine. Was a great time, just didn't care for drinking at the "A" sites. Oh well.

I know there has been problems with the forestry dept. in the USA and Canada over these gatherings'.

Last years one in Quebec was in Parc la Verendrye,I know it was in the wildlife perserve. There may have been a break out of beaver fever (Giardiasis). Gotta boil or treat that water....

earthfreak and i "tripped" over wildflowers in the alpine meadows of Montana

the onion blossoms were devine

so were the organic sprouts and spring water soaked raisins for FREE when we finally broke our fast...

very memorable time indeed

hey earthfreak is that where you took your sanctuary name from?? from the book Mur gave us??

Archived