Jambands.ca

Resinators at Come Together Fest Saturday

Jay Funk Dawg

RESINATORS perform Saturday Night at CTMF don't miss 'em

Next Show:

Hot Reggae Nights at the El Momocambo

Hosted by Toronto's #1 Live DUB Experience

RESINATORS alongside Version Xcursion (CKLN 88.1 fm)

DJs Sassa'le & Aram Scaram

THE EL MOCAMBO

http://www.elmocambo.ca/

Show starts @ 9PM

$5 before 10PM - $8 after 10PM

Thursday May 6th w/ SPECIAL GUESTS Selassie I Power

(on tour from Vancouver) featuring Kwabena Reuben & Fredlocks Asher

Thursday May 27th w/SPECIAL GUESTS Michael Garrick & the Posse

Along with the Bambo Club, the El Mocambo has been the home of Toronto Reggae Community for the past 30 years. The El Mocambo is pleased to announce The May Residency of Toronto’s live Dub Experience “Resinators”. El Mocambo has hosted reggae Legends: Toots and the Maytals, Freddy MacGregor, The Satillites and many more... With the recent closing of The Bambo Club, The El Mocambo is pleased to re-establish the roots reggae and dub vibe at one of Toronto's best know live music clubs and hot spots for dancing.

KUNG: CHECK IT OUT - SELASSIE I POWER COMMIN' TORONTO!

I have to admit that Sellasie I Power can have some shakey shows...They have also been through some line-up changes, but the key principals.. Kwabena Reuben, Fredlocks Asher, Uncle Dropsi and Sun Ray are living breathing Canadian Reggae Legends. The band's album KING OF KINGS, was pretty cool, and it featured a who's who of the Toronto Reggae scene. My friend and Juno Nominated Reggae Artist Andru Branch shows up on percussion. The Title Track is a modern Reggae Anthem...

Sellasie I Power retreated to Vancouver a couple of years ago and have been touring steady, Fredlocks takes a little more centre stage now, but it looks like they've had some resurgence.

Slide%2001.jpg

This is a picture from a tour KUNG and I helped set up a couple of years ago... That's Sister Julie in the Middle.

Slide%2035.jpg This is a pic of Kwabena, Fredlocks and Uncle Dropsi.

check out Reggae Planet for more pics..

In related news Resinators will be playing PJC on the 15th with Mr. Something Something. The last Pepper Jack's gig kicked ass and I'm sure this one is going to top it.

Some of the New Deal fans around here might recognize the white guy in the middle...audio engineer extraordinaire, Kevin Park. I've never been more impressed by a soundman, ever, period! I think he'll be back for the show tonight and imo he's worth the $5 alone.

Thanks to all that came out... It was filled with mostly dreaddies... and hotdamn! some beautiful ladies.. Some other very interesting guests in the audience: Canadian electro-pop artists ESTERO was there, as were members of Punjabi By Nature and JAHMALAMA (popular toronto world beat groups). We had a good crowd dancing, and the crowd was comprised of a lot of the people and players of TORONTO's Reggae Community, which is a testament to the respect these artists garner. The night when late too... like 3:AM.

First Resinators kicked it with some great stuff... Downtempo DUB, heavy bass jams they also had some special guests vocalist. Lead singer Ra Lion sounded sweet, he has great voice that compliments the other singer in group drummer Raffa Dean. Cometogether Fest Look out!

Sellasie I Power were in Top Form.. There was a great lead guitarist rippin' it up, lead singer Kwabena Reuben was decked out in some colourful clothes and was full of energy... he was bouncin' around like a little kid. They encored with Bob Marley's "Exodus" and "War" jammin' it out hard... bass player Uncle Dropsi and another member of the crowd freestyled some vocals over some beat-boxing... a nice way to end the night.

All in all a great night... and we're doing it all again on on May 27th : Hot Reggae Nights Upstairs at the El Mocambo

Hosted by Toronto's #1 Live DUB Experience

RESINATORS alongside Version Xcursion (CKLN 88.1 fm)

DJs Sassa'le & Aram Scaram

THE EL MOCAMBO

http://www.elmocambo.ca/

Show starts @ 9PM

$5 before 10PM - $8 after 10PM

RESINATORS w/ special guest Michael Garrick & The Posse

michaelgarrick4.jpg MICHAEL GARRICK

I hung out with reggae legend Bernie Pitters after the show and we chatted for a while, he's an amaizing keyboardist and legendary reggae player/producer. He's played on recordings of Bruce Cockburn, Toots and The Maytals, Tony Curtis and get this... Fire on the Mountain Reggae Tribute to the Grateful Dead.

d0072912rab.jpg

c-ya'll next time

• 2 weeks later...