Jambands.ca

Q of the Day - 05/27/04

mikey d

I liked high school so much, I never left. I'm writing this from one right now.

My high school years were really good. I had,however, developed a big fish/little pond complex and by the time I was done first year university, my ego had to be dealt with and I rehauled to core of my personality to discover the inner hippie.

And now I try to teach others how to do the same!

"Smokin Joints in the parking lot!!"

That and fridays cause they meant doing nothing.

High School was a time of good friends, lots of music, and good times, but, for me, University was even better.

I always liked hanging out in the 'smoker area' hackin' and chillin out

G

Why do you think you rarely saw me at parties passed 11 oclock? Had you went for a walk looking for me, I could have been found in any dark, tree-covered setting.

Maybe I thought Dave Moore was a girl some nights, but that is neither here nor there. He's still a broad in the end.

;)

Wait, are we talking about Little Dave Moore or Big Dave Moore?

Anyways, I find it amusing, strange, wonderful and ironic that I am still friends with you 2 losers. I keep you guys around to make me feel better about myself.

Wait, are we talking about Little Dave Moore or Big Dave Moore?

Anyways, I find it amusing, strange, wonderful and ironic that I am still friends with you 2 losers. I keep you guys around to make me feel better.

I totally forgot about Big Dave Moore. Funny stuff.

I had two completely different high school experiences. My first round of high school was a senseless conglomeration of needless rebellion and way-over-the-top attention seeking which ended up in three unsuccessful attempts at grade ten and one year where the highest mark on my report card was 19. It was pathetic and could have been so much more.

So I quit when I was 16, moved to Toronto, got labour jobs and lived with my girlfriend for two years. Realising life ahead held few choices I returned to grade ten just before I turned 19. Things were different.

I was obviously way older than the other kids, and kept to myself for the first few months. After working 60-hour weeks the shoolwork was a breeze. I spent all three years on the honour roll, missed one day of school ever (for a funeral), and spent grade 11 and 12 working four nights a week at a bar. Friends/parties/girlfreinds/high school drama were all mine now, and I took' em.

Highlights:

-5 day suspension for being drunk at a Hallowe'en dance. I was dressed as a 6-pack.

-I'd relive grade 11 just to go through the emotions of having on-and-off relationships with two girls who were best friends. I was dating one of them always.

-Being in a band and playing at school. We also played gigs all around town, so people thought we were pretty hot shit. And for the shit we were playing, I guess we did a pretty good job.

-All the boozin'. I quit drugs in grade 11 and spent grade 12 drunk.

-The architecture. Moncton High is a pretty cool building.

-The play. I was in a play once. The most fear I've ever felt.

-graduation. The first member of the family to finish high-school, I was pretty proud. People clapped too.

Agreed that university kicks high schools ass like YEM kicks Waste's ass.