Jambands.ca

GTB last night

dave-O

Finally got the chance to see GTB in a small bar with good sound last night. I've been apprehensive about their new songs/sound but after last night I'm completely sold on the new direction. These guys are the bomb. I get it now. They certainly aren't your daddy's jamband anymore, leaning more towards an indie-rock new-wave thing. The synth has added layers to the sound and Dennis keeps cranking out wackier and wackier sounds. I'm back on the Bus. Excellent show, best of luck at moe.down.

the bus is so cute. you know how jambandy bands aren't always the handsomest when you think about how in the mainstream you hafta be all primped and plucked (ouch) and moussed and buffed and all that kinda crap; don't get me wrong, i like'm rough around the edges, and i think it just goes to show that the music is the focus and nothing else, but man the bus has got it goin on!! what a bunch of cuties.

my 2 cents.

and now that i think about it, man there is a serious lack of ladies as far as musicians go in the 'scene'... except for our most lovable ms hux, and the hiway freeker mama, (who i actually asked once if she was ms hux, ooops!!) i can hardly think of any.... oh the wassabi girls... we needa reprazent!!! i'll keep practicing away and maybe one of these days.... man could i stop digressing all over the place.. i need another hobby i think :P