Jambands.ca

HOLY MOLEY

meggo

Better late than never...

Yeah, what an amazing weekend!! The stag and doe was no doubt the funnest one I have ever been to! Saw so many folks that I was very surprised and delighted to see. Ben and Sheena! Johnny LaRue in da house! Heather McWarmy - ALWAYS such a treat!! Tara and Andy makin the trip! Boo ya! Big ups to you guys! Hux coming through with the helping hands in setting shit up and partying in C-dot! Hope to meet up with you in Windsor before you're gone. Plus all the people I was expecting to see there... well, you all know who you are... stu, you were missed. bonnaroo, schmanaroo. ALl the Chatham folk who showed up to fill out the place... you won't be reading this I reckon, but you are all great too!

It was pretty cool, I was playing this putting game and my ball went off the ramp on the way to the hole (equivelant bad shot as to bowling and getting a gutter ball about three feet down the lane..) anyways, my ball went all crazy and rolled around the place and I'm chasing it all bent over when it gets stopped by someone's feet so I picked it up and followed the person's legs up to see that it was none other than the Palace Princess. (who, indicentally, had JUST walked through the door.) How sweet. :)

Another great moment was finally leaving the hall to get some fresh air for a minute and timing it perfect to greet Tonin and Tigger as they pulled into the parking lot. This was perhaps not such a great moment for those inside, as, whilst visiting with the new arrivals, the tunes ended and everyone was treated to a 15 minute 'silent jam.' Oops.

Jen & Swifty, thanks for the after party. A big fuzzy blur of fun! Seemed to go by very quickly.

And then Saturday. The Saturday of all saturdays. My favourite time to party is the day after partying all day and night. I'm so glad when the opportunity presents itself and there are so many people on board! Throw in a beach, a ghetto blaster, and a helping of extracurriculars and you have pure overcast lazy day psychadelic bliss!

Thanks so much to Meggo for opening up your cottage and your heart to us all! Splendid! The drive through the woods of Rondeau park was surreal... Morning Glory blared, resonating against the inners of my tweaked mind as we leisurely winded along the curvey, shady path to the cottage at 8 something AM.

The whole beach experience was so memorable. Smiles and full-out belly laughing... a hearty helping of dance routines. Great to spend the day with such an enjoyable troop - blair, pp, lpm, teesee, scotty mcd, zeddy, carrgo, instagator, and of course, our gracious hostess with the mostess, meggo! LMP, thanks for showing me the way of the 'wook twirl' you certainly have opened up a whole new avenue of 'creating space' at a concert. "Sorry brah!" (as I pour beer down some poor saps back.) :) As for the motor cycle impersonation... thanks to some kid in grade one for that one!

The craziness of the beach eventually subsided into the afternoon and a lazy horizontal melange of drifting twixt sun and slumber ensued... magnificent in every way. Just when I thought the day was coming to wind down... eating one meat and cheese on a bun after an other (thanks mud and blair for the left-over platter donations!) enter schwa, marie, and simone. Marie and Becky with a charming display of synchronized dances, and then, after a brief hammock nap session, simone is ready to go!! Wow! I have never seen anything like it... Marie and Simone's working of The pounjabbi (sp?) routine was absolutely hilarious!! Simone, you win the award for making me laugh the hardest all weekend long!! "yo yo, who's your daddy." I'd like to see that again sometime... it needs to be captured on video for the world to see!

Tonin and Tigger, too bad you guys had to split back to Ktown. Great to have you to chahtam again, nonetheless. Mud, you were missed by all the beachers. Glad you enjoyed the shower!

Thanks for all the pictures lmp and meggo... I managed to take a grand total of zero pictures over the weekend!

Give'r gang: it's becoming increasingly evident that there's a whole lot more to the Give'r gang thing than just a name!

Chatham friends: each of you sincerely rock from the heart!

Mud & Blair: thank-you, I love you, cangratulations, hello.

Favourite Sunday quote:

My Mom: Who was that one girl dancing with Becky at the stag and doe? (I think she was talking about Simone) I saw her at the last show you put on and she looked really high or something.

Me: Hmm, that was Simone... but I'm certain she wasn't at the last show I put on. (Arguemnt ensued... I think YOU might have been the HIGH one that night, Mom! :))

(i'll probably think of more to add to this sdtl... I'm not doing much writing anymore but the ideas just keep popping!)

(i'll probably think of more to add to this sdtl... I'm not doing much writing anymore but the ideas just keep popping!)

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha (breath) ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha (Breath) ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

I can't believe I forgot to mention Johnny LaRue......definitely the surprise treat of the night.....what a wonderful and kind soul!

Bacon, I forgot as well to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for kicking out the tunes all night long......"you rock, you rock my world man!!"