Jambands.ca

Big Pimpin was fantastic!!!

secondtube

just listened to the second set of brooklyn, and i have to admit, the guest appearance by JayZ was fantastic. THe crowd was loving it, MUCH more than BB King or George Clinton...

THe first track was pretty good, but the Big Pimpin to follow was great. Much better than the Kid Rock appearance in vegas last year as well...

This is a show i'll be getting the soundboards from....

I can't wait to hear the SPAC shows (which i have), after getting through these two nights of brooklyn...

(living vicariously through live recordings...)

::

Here's the story from Rolling Stone:

Jay-Z Jams With Phish

Retired rapper joins retiring jam band in NYC

Jay-Z made a surprise appearance at Phish's Friday night performance in Brooklyn, New York. The retired rapper and the retiring band joined together for performances of two of Jay-Z's hits, "Big Pimpin'" and the new "99 Problems," at KeySpan Park in Coney Island.

"They just reached out to me to do something," Jay-Z says. "I always believe in just good music and bad music, and I want to try new things. I saw this as a great opportunity. I went out and had a great time, and I've never performed in Brooklyn like that. That was beautiful."

Jay admits that he hadn't heard Phish's music prior to their offer. "I just kept hearing their name and how strong they was live," he says, "how big a following they had live and that they've been doing it for like twenty-one years. That was amazing to me. I was intrigued."

The eighteen-song set was Phish's last in the New York City area, as the group plans to break up following a two-day festival in its home state of Vermont in August.

JZ was ILL son! Everyone was grindin' and bumpin'; it was good times! Big pimpin' has a slick beat; 99 problems was nice; I'm curious what sample was used to back the track (it sounded like an instrumental track off the KIDS (larry Clark film) soundtrack. Overall, best guest performance I've witnessed! JZ in Brooklyn... what could be more apt than that?