Jambands.ca

JJ Cale Lee's Palace.

TonyRage

I just heard about this last night. It';s a bit expensive but he plays wicked music, and sometimes plays it well. Lat two shows I saw were Otttawa Blues Fest, which suckjed cause the audience was shitey and old and sitting and the band was not well-prepared, and in Montreal, which was in a theatre and rocked. this one should kick ass since it is in a venerable old club. Sunday night. $30.

Yeah...they put on a great show, esp. in a club. The show at teh amphitheatre last year (or two years ago) was too big for them, their sound was lost. It'll be sweet at the opera house. Still think I'll see JJ though. Not many opportunities to see a master songwriter come my way.

I'll be going to this gig. I have never seen J.J. Cale and am very much looking forward to seeing him.

I'll be seeing Poco at the Tralf on the Friday (June 25th). On the Poco album "Crazy Eyes" (Epic/1973) they covered Cale's "Magnolia" which I hope they and Cale do this weekend.

Then I'll be seeing Eric Clapton at the Air Canada Centre (July 7th) and the HSBC Arena (July 9th). I know Clapton will be doing "Cocaine" and I'm assuming Cale will be too. I have also seen Clapton during his last tour do "Travelin' Light" which was great.

It's going to be cool seeing artists sandwiched between such a great songwriter covering his tunes. It happens from time to time with Bob Dylan and Neil Young for me but not too many others.

Cale has been covered by huge jambands like Phish doing "After Midnight" at Big Cypress and Widespread Panic who quite often perform "Travelin' Light". And seeing Cale is a rare treat.