boobandinwonderland-cc.jpg

Doors 9:00PM

19+

$15 tix , $20 drs

web: http://www.yeprec.com

and http://www.scots.com and http://www.skinnycomm.ca/first.htm

FOR MORE INFO contact brodiebooksrock@yahoo.ca

In. Totally in.

I caught SCOTS in Toronto a couple of years ago and it was one of the most entertaining shows I've ever seen. Highly recommended!

yo Brodie - can you give us some kind of rough schedule as to start times? Doors open at 9pm, first band is on at...... ?

I'm just trying to fit in other things in life, to maximize time. Thanks.

In. Totally in.

I caught SCOTS in Toronto a couple of years ago and it was one of the most entertaining shows I've ever seen. Highly recommended!

yo Brodie - can you give us some kind of rough schedule as to start times? Doors open at 9pm, first band is on at...... ?

I'm just trying to fit in other things in life, to maximize time. Thanks.

Sure, MarcO.

9pm venue doors open.

5:30pm lounge doors open where you can snag a bite to eat. Food provided by LaLuna.

Show starts 10pm sharp.

Fela Funk in the lounge on Sundays too, if you dig on the afrobeat. No Cover in the lounge.

I'd get out of the apartment more often if bands included go-go dancers as a regular feature!!

This was probably the most fun show I've attended all year. Awesome!

Thanks for bringing them, Brodie. Bring 'em back, and I'd go again!

Got there for the last 15 minutes or so. They were trememndous fun - Southern Culture kept insisting they return to the stage to dance during their set!

I'll check out the Flamingo-Go's again for sure! They're good, fun and - let's not be coy here - cute!

awesome! i'll have to get out to one of their shows... my friend Marian (Canarian) plays the tambourine and (i think) various other percussive type things, dances and probably does various other wacky things, knowing her... they sound like a really fun band... i know how excited she was to join the band a few months ago..

interesting folks... her boyfriend and his bro are doing a cool thing right now, or at least they were going to, a musical concept of pong... 2 keyboardists, on rollers at opposite sides of the stage, and one singer in the middle bouncing back and forth... you get the idea..

hey, aside from that, good to see you on saturday, Marco, albeit brief, but always good nevertheless.

have a good day!

It was nice to see you agian! Probably just thought we'd catch up again over the weekend, but alas, it was not to be!

If you speak with your friend Marian again sometime soon, please ask her to update their website. The gigs listing is now outdated, and some of the links aren't working (like some member bios and the contact page). I mean, the links work, but nothing comes up.

Cheers!

Thanks to all that came out. Amazing turnout on a Sunday. Especially following a recent holiday.

To answer some questions:

The Flamingo-GO's return Sat July 31 to open for Brian Connelly's band ATOMIC 7 (formerly of Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet).

SCOTS return in late October in fact!

And the pong band is known as APE, they also have a band known as TRANSYLVANIA 500. Does anyone know this cool duo?

First of all, I want to say what a great weekend I had at the Casbah - Cowboy Junkies on Saturday, and Southern Culture on the Skids with the Flamingo-go's on Sunday!! Fabulous stuff. And SCOTS returns in October? Best news of the month!!!!!!

But... a question. What's with the sudden prohibition of drinks on the patio? You used to be able to bring drinks outside no problem, but on Saturday the bouncer-dude wouldn't let anyone onto the patio with a drink, saying that it was unlicensed. What's the deal?

(PS - the Flamingo-gos are playing at the Corktown this Sunday night...)

i know the pong dudes.... APE is actually a different, kinda chapter, in this little weird art rock type series they're doing... i dont believe APE is the name of the band, just a theme they used for the first cd (however, maybe things have changed and i am wrong)... its all about Ape's and chimps and such... one dude dresses up like an APE, one dresses up like a Professor... they're pretty funny... word on the street is they're only doing one performance for each piece in the series, and the APE one has come and gone...

First of all, I want to say what a great weekend I had at the Casbah - Cowboy Junkies on Saturday, and Southern Culture on the Skids with the Flamingo-go's on Sunday!! Fabulous stuff. And SCOTS returns in October? Best news of the month!!!!!!

Hey hamilton, I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend at the club. Great to hear. The Junkies show had an amazing vibe to it. And SCOTS, well I think we've effectively communicated the greatness of that show already.

But... a question. What's with the sudden prohibition of drinks on the patio? You used to be able to bring drinks outside no problem, but on Saturday the bouncer-dude wouldn't let anyone onto the patio with a drink, saying that it was unlicensed. What's the deal?

Well back when the club changed ownership over a year ago to become 'THE STAR CLUB' the foolish owners set up turntables and DJ events out there. Most patio bars know it's illegal to have amplified music outside. Close by residents complained a number of times. The end result was they lost their patio license.

When Casbah re-opened in October of 2003 the new owners & management werent prepared to apply for a new license quite yet.

Recently, with even newer management stepping in on April 1 it was decided we would apply for a new patio license. On June 17th it was taken to city council, and council agreed to allow us back our license, siting that the past issues were with different business owners, not the present ones.

So our patio will return once we officially apply for it.

Presently we dont have that licensed patio that we all would like. In the meantime, we still have our smoking lounge where you can enjoy your cigarette and drink simultaneously. Nice A/C too.

As far as the bouncer dude, we actually don't have any bouncers at Casbah. You're probably referring to Raymond our teddybear soundman. If you blew hard enough, he'd tip over. He couldnt bounce a mouse. :)