Jambands.ca

A 40 Main Canada Day To Be Remembered !!!

Pootie Tang

Well gang, alls I can really say is....AWESOME!!!!

What a party we threw down at the house yesterday, really, really unbelieveable, we went from a beautiful start with the first few kegs flowing, the Grant Buffett Experience kicking things off. Then came all of God's wrath, a giant storm of wind, torrential rain, hail, roof shingles, tents capsizing, and everything he could throw at us to test our physical and mental endurances, we all held through it, still drinking, getting wet, even singing a big O Canada. All our energy blasted away the hell above within an hour of the hurricane starting, and opened up good ol' Ottawa to blues skies and sweet sweet sunshine. Small incedent involving a person having a mild seisure, ambulances came, she was well taken care of, police dropped by with the ambulance, told us thngs were cool and to keep it going, and then we started tearing up a storm in the courtyard of 40 Main. Music up the ying yang sounding out all day, Kev Carey Band, KidYouRun, The Station, Huxtables, 18 keggers of sweet sweet beer, 300+ freindly people drinking, dancing, laughing, falling, getting up or being helped up, all around a spectacular time had. I can't thank everyone enough for getting together like we did to bring Canada Day to 40 Main is style again for another year!! Everything imaginable went down yesterday, and we took it all in and made one big circus of fun with it all. You could not ask for anything to go smoother really with that many people. Big thanks to those people who helped us keep everything together (you know who you are), keep the stage together, the music flowing, the beer flowing and people given'er

Defenitely a million pictures taken, audio of all the shows, and hopefully in the next week we can get em up on a site to show everyone who wasn't there, and who was there (whether you remember it or not) what a time we all had.

I hope everyone survived the day on top, for those who stumbled into work on time like I somehow did, congrads, were real troopers, god bless the NERO boys for once again throwing down a fantastic late party, and everyone else hopefully we'll be doing this together again come August!

peace n love

Pottie

Wow. I had fun. Pottie, you and your crew know how to throw one done.

I had almost as much fun off stage as I did on stage. (I play keys in Dr. Huxtable) Great stage setup, and great crowd energy.

Anyone notice that our great guitarist (bouche) played most of our set with a broken string. It didn't slow him down too much though...

Good times

What a FANTASTIC DAY!!!! Thanks to everyone who had a part in making it happen!!

So my face looks like a chipmunk and I have a sprained thumb - still Good Times had by all.....I think I need a t-shirt that says..."I survived Canada Day at 40 Main!!"

Don't worry hon, next year we'll get a midget to toss instead of you.

Great party Pottie, when's the next one? Last year we were raging in the yard again 4 days later. I'll get the kegs and the tanks you get the bands and the hookers, we'll meet in the yard at 5. GO!