Jambands.ca

Allmans and the dead at the gorge

purple foot

Great show. Hot day but a great show. The gorge is one of the best outdoor venues i've ever been to and this show fit the setting. Robert hunter opened up and we just hung out on the grass and tried to stay cool up there. then the allmans hit the stage with this set.

I Walk On Guilded Splinters

Hot'lanta

Midnight Rider

Trouble No More

Woman Across The River

Melissa>

Old Before My Time

Statesboro Blues

Rockin' Horse

Desdemona

The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down>

One Way Out

Dreams

Mountain Jam>

Whipping Post

E: Layla

Excellent, excellent long set. its amazing how much warren and derek pull that sound off. once again just chilled out on the grass and tried to stay cool for this one. then the dead hit the stage at around sunset.

Set 1: Shakedown Street> Strange World> Jack Straw, Mississippi 1/2 Step> Jam> No More Do I> Jam> Hard To Handle> Jam> Cumberland Blues, Casey Jones

Set 2: Jam> Playin' In The Band> Jam> Night Of 1000 Stars> He's Gone> Spacey Jam> Cryptical Envelopment> The Other One> Lady With A Fan> Terrapin Station> Drumz/*Space> *The Wheel> *Playin' Reprise> *Turn On Your Lovelight

E: After Midnight ...Mickey brings the crew out to take bows

*with Derek Trucks, Robert Hunter

gotta say warren added a lot to these sets. highlights were jack straw and and warren singing terrapin. casey jones was very intense. best show i've seen in a while. long ass fu©king drive though. 12 hours in car on friday and 12 hours coming back yesterday but well worth it.

dead shots

available for download here.

It was awesome.

5 hrs. each way for us - no border hassles or line-ups - security at the Gorge were extra-reasonable as well.

Having not seen the Dead since Soldier Field 95' (w/Jerry), I found the jams quite strange. They seemed to get crazy, then fizzle out, crazy again then fizzle out etc. - I think it was their approach - they clearly had no structure or game plan whatsoever (w/ the jams) so things often got messy. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Also, 4 guitarists (for most of 2nd set) and 1 keyboardist (who was mixed into the background all night) kinda took some depth away from the music. The Terrapin was great, but Warren was clearly doing a Jerry singing impression which was neat, but strange. The 'He's Gone' featured some vintage classic cheese from the cheese-meister himself - great stuff.

The Allmans played Mountain Jam - Whipping Post, need I say more?