Jambands.ca

Taping @ Ottawa Bluesfest?

bradm

Has anybody ever tried (or seen anybody try) taping at the Ottawa Bluesfest? I know that taper-friendly bands (like the Allman Brothers Band) have played there in years past, but I've never heard of anybody taping at the Fest.

The main artist I'm interested in having taped is Xavier Rudd*, who plays this Friday on the Black Sheep Stage. He's cool with taping, so I'm tempted to not even ask the Fest, and just stealth the whole thing, but if people have seen taping go on at past (or this year's) Fests, maybe we could set up a bigger rig and do it up right.

Aloha,

Brad

* If you're not familiar with his music, well, try to imagine Ben Harper adding didgerdoos to his instrumentation.

So far I haven't seen anyone taping but the black sheep stage sound guy is super nice and would probably be ok with it. You may have trouble getting your equipment in though if they do a bag check. I'll ask this afternoon and report back if you'd like.

Thanks, that'd be great if you could check.

As for equipment, I can actually fit my portable rig (stealth mics + MD) into the pockets of my jacket, so, short of getting frisked, I think I can power-stealth it, but I'd prefer to do it with the approval of the Fest.

Aloha,

Brad

Hey brad if your going to xzavier rudd this friday maybe we can set up the B & P then. I am going to that show then sticking around for the weakerthans afterwards. After that i am going on a 2 week trip with the family so wont be around for a while. ANyways let me know.

Guest Low Roller

I'm in for that Freeker. I could use a good night of music. Bring your raincoat though!

Who's in for some Wyclef Jean tomorrow night?

Sloth and I will hit up some Wyclef tomorrow dude, might as well get our money's worth!!

Ya, i don't know much about Warsaw Village Band...But Relix gave them the best review I've ever seen for their last album. Decribed as Hardcore Folk, they won best newcomer award at the BBC 3 World Music awards....They also do some weird sort of vocal thing called "White voice" a lyrical screaming used by polish sheppards, supposed to be amazing

Guest Low Roller
They also do some weird sort of vocal thing called "White voice" a lyrical screaming used by polish sheppards, supposed to be amazing

Those darn Poles. They figured out that the Earth revolved around the Sun, they defeated the Nazis at Monte Cassino, and now they invent a new lyrical screaming. What will they think of next? ;)

They also do some weird sort of vocal thing called "White voice" a lyrical screaming used by polish sheppards, supposed to be amazing

Those darn Poles. They figured out that the Earth revolved around the Sun, they defeated the Nazis at Monte Cassino, and now they invent a new lyrical screaming. What will they think of next? ;)

How to do well on the GMAT, maybe? ;)

And to save you the trouble of typing, yes, I know, you'll cut me, I shouldn't think you won't cut me...

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller

I'll cut y... oh.

I'm still trying to figure out how to do well on my GMAT. Once this Pole does, I'll let you know. Do I hear "re-write"?