Jambands.ca

Aug 6 in Hamilton, Aug 13 in Toronto, Great Band..

AD

Hey I've gotta recommend a band to everyone that digs the Band, Gram Parsons / Burritos, Beatles, etc.. kinda vibe...

The band is called The Frontier Index, out of Toronto. There are downloads on their site at this page.

Live shows coming up:

August 6th - Corktown Tavern (Hamilton)

August 13th - The Horseshoe Tavern (TO)

August 15th - The Knitting Factory (New York)

August 20th - Stratford Armouries (Stratford)

The Horseshoe show on the 13th will likely be their last Toronto show for the rest of the year as they'll be recording for most of the fall in London.

Check them out if you can.

AD

Too bad about the Hamilton venue...be really tough to bring anyone out to that place.

Unless they like to fight with steeltowns finest fall-downs...

Seriously,Hiwayfreeker got 3 people out when they played there,I worked the door,it is really tough to get cover from folks when one side of the bar is free & the other not,with the bathrooms in the "pay" zone.Only bar I ever have been spit at for asking for $2 cover...

I hope it goes well for em though,its a tough & sh!tty venue to play in this town.Hope it doesn't discourage them from playing Hamilton again...

ps.I'll probally be in Dover...

bump...

Please support these guys if you're not going to see GTB... They're very good, and recommended by me... You could probably do both shows even, the Frontier Index don't play sprawling 3 hour shows like more of the jammy bands...

AD