Jambands.ca

Remembering SAGA

weezy

CLICK HERE

The first time I ever heard Umphrey's McGee, their shreddy guitar licks reminded me of something that I couldn't quite put my finger on... After listening to some classic rock radio , I realized it was the Canadian 80's band SAGA. I think they're originally from Oakville.. Anyways, if you download "Wind Him Up" by Saga, you'll hear the unmistakeable Umphrey's shreddy guitar sound (use of shred/feedback bends etc...) - especially around 2:30 of the track. I clearly have too much time on my hands...

No sh!t....I'll have to give Umphrey's a listen again....I just deleted the 4 disc bonnaroo set from my HD to make room for some live Leadbelly (U of Texas 1949).A worthwhile delete to I might add.

Aldo's standing at his table

And he's wondering if he's able

To pick the number right this time

He watches as the wheel stops spinning

Sees the number that is winning

As he reaches for his glass of wine

Once he starts it's hard to stop

He's keepin' up a pace like a tight wound clock

Be sure you don't step in his way

He'll keep those numbers rolling

This may be his last day

corna.gif

One downside to being born in 1970 is I recall just about every dam 80's song,its like a punishment or some cruel torture... lol.gif

first band I ever saw in concert when I was like 13 (an as of yet unknown, Brian Adams opener)... was a good show, definately seen worse (they played the first electronic drum kit I'd heard of or seen)... coincidentaly I was a keyboard player and hoping to continue being one too Velvet