Jambands.ca

Micheal Hauser January 6, 1962-August 10, 2002

TimmyB

For August 10, 2004

2002 - Guitarist Michael Houser, a founding member of the Georgia-based jam band Widespread Panic, dies at his home in Athens from complications related to pancreatic cancer. He is 40.

I was lucky enough to see Michael Hauser at the first bonnaroo on June 21 & 22, 2002 just a little over a month before he passed on. He was an amazing guitarist and though I still am a fan of Widespread Panic, the band hasn't been the same since Hausers passing.

May Michael Hauser rest in peace.

i caught widespread at beginning of july '02. unfortunately by that time mike had stopped playing with the band, and a short time later he passed.

i was just listening to my widespread "live in the classic city" 3-cd on the weekend... what a sweet, sweet show. a friend of mine saw them at the same bonnaroo, timmyB, and for him they were the highlight of the weekend.

another musician gone too soon, thanks for sharing your talent with the rest of us.

((((((((((Mikey))))))))))

mikey.jpg

I saw Houser play with Panic at Alpine Valley July 15th 2000 opening for Phil & Dylan. Great show, Panic was definetely the highlight.

July 15th 2000

Space Wrangler, Henry Parsons Died, Holden Oversoul, Ride Me High > Little Lilly, Surprise Valley > Drums > Surprise Valley, Ain't Life Grand, Blue Indian, Climb To Safety, Imitation Leather Shoes, Love Tractor

E: Dyin' Man, Porch Song