Jambands.ca

Coventry - band requests not to come until sat.

Big Wooly Mammoth

just got a call from a buddy who is in line - about 500 feet from the exit, still on I-91. they are backed up over 12 miles right now. apparently the temporary road that was made has washed out!

hey - just checked the phish web site, which confirnms what he just told me:

The rain continues to fall steadily here in the Northeast Kingdom, and the forecast calls for steady rain all day tomorrow. The festival staff is working as hard as they can to move cars off the road and into the campgrounds, but the weather has greatly hindered this process, and traffic is considerably backed up.

For those of you who have not yet departed for COVENTRY, we strongly urge you to not approach the site until Saturday morning or at least Friday night. It’s greatly in your interest to delay your arrival – you will save yourself a great deal of stress and time and help us keep the roads safe. Finally, please call friends that you know may be heading to Coventry and help us spread the word.

Actually the reports are upto 41 miles on 91 now,or so someone reported from line on GOTV website and they are towing cars in one by one because of the grass being so soaked.They are also hauling people out of line for various offences and have had random police searches roadside.

Although,I would tend to go with the Phish website before somones phone in report.

Crazy...

Border Lake Campground, 150 route 143 North, just north of the border, or Lake Massawippi Camping in Ayer's Cliff, route 141, just off 55 South at exit 21, right at the bottom of said lake.

Head there late Friday, grab a camping spot (should run you around $20 for 2 adults) get within range of the Bunny (92.1), wait it out, listen for traffic reports, get rid of kunsewmables that kan't be karried kross the lines, choose opportune moment...

Last year we were among the last 20 vehicles to drift into the site; still got to the concert ground in time for Set I.

And like last year, it's looking more and more like the trick is going to be finding the non-muddy spots. Assuming the rain stops and Saturday and Sunday stay fairly clear.

Make sure you have a good pair of boots--not sneakers--extra sweater, raingear (ponchos can be a better bet than jackets), tarps.