Jambands.ca

Ween fall tour...

c-towns

I first saw Ween on the White Pepper tour... Despite dying to see them live since Pure Guava days, the show for me was alright at best. Then I saw them on the Quebec tour. I'm not saying they're not good live; I mean, I had a good time and all, but for me what makes WEEN the sh!t lies within their albums.

I have the dvd and I can't say it does anything for me, except the acoustic bit and whipping out "I Love You" on the spot.

I'd be up for 2 sets: one mini acoustic set and an electric set.

I wish I could of seen them with the Sh!t Creek Boys though!!!

Personally I love Ween. As well, I love them both live and in the studio. That being said, it was my brother who first turned me onto those guys. He also loves Ween, but has refused to see them live since the late '80s because he hated the show so much. The reason he hated the show is that Ween tends to be quite self-indulgent and go on for extended periods of chanting and weird freakiness, not particularly resembling music or even a free-form jam. Personally, I love everything they do, but I don't reproach others who dislike them live. I don't understand it, but to each his/her own.

Personally, I love everything they do, but I don't reproach others who dislike them live. I don't understand it, but to each his/her own.

There's no way you can be a Ween fan... Every Ween fan I know attacks with you with the merits and music of Ween, whether you like it or not. (Stapes, Kung, I'm looking in your direction...). You better change your ways, or the hardcore fans will disown you... ;)