Jambands.ca

The Phish Book

Jakis

Anyone own the Phish Book? I picked it up today at a record convention held at Carleton University. Its great so far, lots of great information, interviews with the band and some great pictures as well. I think it was published in 1999. Anyhow, just wondering if anyone has it or has read it.

Later,

Jake

Got it, love it ... my favorite bit was the quote from Carlos Santana where he says to Trey , "NEver develop your self image on the road, because you are surrounded by people telling you everything you do is great, and it's bullshit. Come home, take out the garbage, mop a few floors, change a few diapers ... *then* try and figure out your place in the universer." :)

RnB

My favorite parts of the book are when Mike Gordon meets Steven Wright in a mens washroom.

And when Trey talks about how the lyrics for "The Wedge" written by Tom Marshall were inspired by Neil Young's "Thrasher." Though Trey didn't know this until after listening to Young's "Rust Never Sleeps" after Phish had already recorded "Rift," Trey then called Marshall to rave about "Thrasher," then Marshall told him how the lyrics to the "Wedge" could be performed over top of the music of "Thrasher."