The Vorcza Trio is comming!!

Jay Funk Dawg

Concert Annoucement: TOP US TOURING ACT The Vorcza Trio performs in Canada

vorczaNectars.jpg

The Vorcza Trio www.vorcza.com

Thursday, December 9th

El Mocambo - College/Spadina

www.elmocambo.ca

I caught their set at Evolve, and I was blown away, heavy grooves, out-there excursions, in the pocket playing, I was very impressed... so I convinced them to come to Toronto for you all... I hope you can make it out...

BIO

Vermont based jazz trio, "The Vorcza Trio", featuring Ray Paczkowski (Trey Anastasio Band, Dave Matthews and Friends) on organ, Gabriel Jarrett (Jazz Mandolin Project, son of jazz piano great Keith Jarrett) on drums and Rob Morse (Viperhouse) on bass will be appearing at El Mocambo Upstairs in Toronto on Thurdsay, December 9.

Originating as an informal jazz trio, Vorcza has advanced to writing adventurous yet accessible original material that marries jazz and funk with world-influenced rhythms.î (Times Argus) Vorcza's compelling sound has the power to reach out to a diverse community of fans. The trio is able to move effortlessly from captivating jazz enthusiasts at a Performing Arts Center to wowing a roomful of college aged fans who count on Vorcza's organ driven jazz fusion to get them dancing in the hotspots downtown. Their skillfully written compositions and their strong presence have earned them much deserved recognition throughout the Northeast and in Canada as a powerhouse trio whose combined efforts include working and touring with musical greats including Trey Anastasio, Dave Matthews, Jamie Masefield, Josh Roseman, Ernie Watts,Dave Schools and Lester Bowie.