Jambands.ca

HEY FOLKS

bit tornado? Can that be configured to use a different port than what the barebones BT Client uses?

I found an interesting Tracker that only allows you to download if you can configure non-standard BT ports.

You can set the port range to anything you want.But its best between 6881 - 6889,although some torrent sites and seeders/leeches prefer a broader scope setting por ranges from 6881-6999,I stay with the first range myself.

Also,you need to configure windows xp firewall (if using it) for port allowances,same goes for any other firewall.

All these together will increase your download speed and improve your upload also.

Mine goes out of control when it starts grabbing from 10 or more seeds.Last night I hit 506 with 8 seeds,all of us had our programs and firewalls set basically the same.

You can also download a single track from a show to preview its quality if you want.Or in a specific order if thats your game.

do you have any other computers connected to the internet, or just the one your using?

if you just have the one computer connected, you should be ok. windows 98 doesn't have a built in firewall, so you should be ok....

(excellent patience gregor!)

Yeah,I am wondering if he is using a other firewall then,trying to piece this altogether to help out.