Jambands.ca

PLAN C AT PEPPER JACK'S THIS WEEK...

kc

I can appreciate Lazlo trying to promote a band like Plan C. Of course the band would too, but, it's easy to see why someone would think Lazlo has poor taste. He's talks a lot of sh!t and is hard to take seriously. Now he's all about the bands.

I'll just say Plan C are crazy/funky.

Biography

In November 2002, a plan started to formulate from the mastermind of producer/composer/singer/band leader, Juan Carlos Valencia. This plan’s main objective was to create something fresh and unique, a perfect blend of African-rooted Latin music (Colombian Cumbia, Cuban Chacha, Jamaican reggae and Caribbean soca,) with hip-hop, funk, electronica and afrobeat. After an army of excellent musicians were recruited, PLAN-C became alive, breaking through the conventional Latin scene in Toronto.

PLAN-C’s heart pounding percussive electro-beats combined with harmonized horn licks, and sensual vocals will lift any audience and make them dance. Every Plan-C show is a dance party and a celebration of multicultural unity. Unity that is reflected in the band itself—Colombia, Venezuela, Argentina, Uruguay, Dominica, Britain, France, and Canada.

On the front line is PLAN C’s diva Janelle Dewhurst whose voice and beauty is a force that hits the audiences senses and leaves them in awe. Her counterpart Juan, with his funk and rock guitar licks accompanied by his unique vocal stylings, leads the powerhouse. The secret weapon in PLAN-C’s exceptional sound is Sample-jockey and percussionist Tim Bones, whose technological expertise fuse electronic to the organic sounds of the band. Chris Molder on Keys and Accordion gives the distinctive traditional touch, while Bassist Alberto Campuzano, Drummer Max Senitt and Conga Master Alan Shell give the perfect groove. To complete the troop, the powerful horn section consisting of Patrice Barbanchon on Trumpet, John Kay on Saxophones and Mark Grieve on Trombone are PLAN C’s smoking guns, blasting the audience out of their seats and onto the dance floor.

“This band is an orchestra of big sounds and big ambitions with the subtle details required in the plying of Latin, African and block, rockin’ beats”.

Lyw- This Business of Dance and Music

PLAN-C won—Favorite Independent Latin Alternative Group at the 2004 CANADIAN INDEPENDENT MUSIC AWARDS. PLAN-C has also left its mark on popular festivals and events such as FRESH and Ritmo Color at the Harbourfront Center and the Toronto Street Festival. They have also showcased at the Canadian Latin Alternative Music Conference in 2003 and 2004. Their song “Penas” released in the summer of 2003 has reached the top 5 in the Urban and Latin charts of the most popular university and community radio stations in Toronto and Guelph.

“En una calle desconocida en la mente de Juan Carlos se encontraron el rock y la cumbia. La salsa y el electrónico. Se enamoraron, y de ahí nació la música de Plan C”. (On a street in Juan Carlos’s mind, rock, cumbia, salsa and electronica met. They fell in love and Plan C’s music was born)

Sergio Elmir-Toronto Hispano

unfortuately lazlo, i can't take anything you say seriously, i automatically think they suck if you say they don't. sorry.

I'll never tell you to see a band that sucks, but I will tell you that a great band sucks. Wait a minute, why am I trying to justify anything to the likes of you. Stay in KW, who needs you.