Jambands.ca

Two years ago today...

Del

I was lucky enough to see Phish play Destiny Unbound for the first time in twelve years... A pretty good show, for sure...

Phish

2003-02-28

Nassau Coliseum

Uniondale, NY

Set I: Birds of a Feather, Destiny Unbound*, Horn, Bathtub Gin, Sleep, Back On The Train, Bouncing Around the Room, Walls of the Cave

Set II: Tweezer, Soul Shakedown Party> David Bowie, Round Room> Harry Hood

Encore: Contact, Mexican Cousin, Tweezer Reprise

*last played 11/15/91

Good times...

Honestly? You couldn't hear that they were playing Destiny until the first chorus... The crowd was going nuts! Still I felt great being there when they brought it back... Overall the show was fantastic... Wish I had better seats, but what are going to do? Good times in Nassau, for sure...

I really like the first set here. Excellent Bathtub Gin and a fantastic Walls Of the Cave.

Shame they chose to neglect Round Room (the song) after this tour.

Great show. I think Phish played quite well on Winter '03 tour. I only saw the Cincy shows and the 2nd night (2-22-03) is one of the best I've ever seen.

hey mang, i was there too!! where are my props? how about the crazy story or our newly found friend tim? i believe i shall tell it.

so Del and I drove down to Hartford CT on 2/27/03 to see Raq. phish was off that night so we thought we might see some heady kids at the show. We ended up meeting this dude named Tim, he'd done the whole tour so far and filled us in on some of the details.

The next morning we're eating some breakfast at Denny's and who walks in? None other than Tim! We have some food together, he tells us how he was at TAB for Hallowe'en year before and was Money (pinned money to his bottom 1/3), Love (had a big heart pinned to his chest I think), and Change (he'd cut off his wookie dreads and huge beard to a short style and cleanshaven face) WHICH I thought was cool enough to share with all of you now. He also gave us his email address DestinyUnbound2003@blahblah.com.

The cool thing is that that night in 2003 we saw destiny unbound, and it was the first time played in forever. I didn't even recognize the song till Del told me what it was (yeah i'm a hardcore fan, i know) And the crowd was fu©king ridiculous. I've never ever ever heard anything that loud. Even in crowds twice the size.

so jeah, that was my first phish show ever. yey!! Thanks for the anniversary reminder Del! I'll be sure to listen to some phish tonight.