Jambands.ca

BANDS: Do you want air time on the radio?

Blurry

hey there everyone,

I'm in the process of creating a radio show at CHMR 93.5fm - it's the university radio station here in St. John's. I'm going to call the show "Jamgrass" and it will be based around the premises below;

But first, if you are in a band whose music fits into any of the categories below and you want it played on the radio, send me a PM for more info or if you just want to get on it then feel free to send me a CD. Moreover, if you're simply a music lover and have some music you feel would fit in well with the show, by all means send it along. You can send it to;

Blair Babcock

29A Queens Rd

St John's, NL

A1C 2A4

Now, more on the show, "Jamgrass". It's outline will be as follows

1/3 - ROOTS MUSIC (mostly bluegrass)

eg - Tony Rice, Doc Watson, Johnny Cash, The Stanley Bros etc...

1/3 - ROOTS REVIVAL/"NEWGRASS"

eg - SCI, Lefotver Salmon, Yonder Mountain, BNB, John Henry's

1/3 - JAMBAND/PSYCHEDELIC ROCK

eg - Grateful Dead, Diesel Dog, ABB, Ekoostik Hookah

And just cause I have examples of groups in one category doesn't mean they don't fit into another. These categories aren't mutually exclusive. For example, I put BNB into Roots Revival/Newgrass cause they have some foot stompers like "Hurts My Heart"(I think that's the name of it) & "Moonshine" but they obviously fit well into the "jamband"/psychedelic rock category as well with songs like "L", "Stop 28" etc..

I have lots of music and can certainly fill lots and lots of shows with what I have but I want to give the audience as an eclectic and varied mix as possible. Moreover, as much Cdn music as possible....for example, I hear great things about Moses Mayes but don't have any of their music!! Anyways, if you want to talk more about it I'd love to hear from you or if you want to pass along a CD I'd be happy to receive it!!

Thanks for your time ::

BTW - hats off to you 2nd Tube. You and your show were certainly a source of inspiration in doing this!

Hehe,I can send you some discs too,I have two 3 disc collections called "best of the boots" 2002 & 2003.Theres about 124 songs in total (6 discs) and no repeats,all the best live versions as selected by the band & archivists.

Although there isn't a catergory up that they fit into but I guess some folks will feel they fit into "Roots",which works I guess.

I'll try to get those off to you on monday.That is if your interested.

Esau - I'm very interested in getting some Gourds - thanks A LOT that's very kind!!

Shelby - Hope you are doing amazing!! For sure send the Steve Murphy CD. It'd fit in perfectly with the Newgrass/Roots Revival part of the show! THANKS!!

BTW - for any other bands/members looking - if you send me a CD and you have a website send the website along to or contact info that I can share with the listeners!!

GOSH! Sounds like Blair's broke and needs some new tunes to listen to... This radio show is probably just some sort of subterfuge... Just kidding! You KNOW I LOVE you!

Really sounds like a great idea... I've got some CD's that I'll send your way with your toque (Which I have finally got the dough together to send it to you.) Do I have to worry about customs, or anything?

Anyhow, I'll keep my eyes open when downloading shows and such for stuff that you might find worthwhile in the next few days before I get your package off...

I miss you too, but you already know that...

S from C

Karin - you'll be able to listen to it, I think!!?!? The station advertises themselves as 93.5fm or 103.7 cable. Does anyone know if "cable" means the internet? I keep forgetting to ask them ::

Cleve from Steveland - you weren't suppose to tell anybody about my "secret" plan. Plus I'd love some CDs in my package with my toque (which better get here soon ;).....it has been snowing since I woke up and they actually sent the kids home from school at noon cause there's so much!)

English - if you can send 'em to me that'd be great. I have no internet at home and no where to download...THANKS!