Jambands.ca

MMW in Montreal - Canada Day long weekend

Snelly

MEDESKI, MARTIN & WOOD

Opening act: "Young Philadelphians"

(Marc Ribot, Grant Calvin Weston and Jamaaladeen Tacuma)

Medeski Martin & Wood had been packing ‘em in for four consecutive years at the Festival before taking a break in 2004. The ensemble is back again with its most electrifying creation ever, End of the World, featuring sounds somewhat more elaborate and pop-oriented. The show will spotlight special guest Marc Ribot, an extraordinarily versatile guitarist who collaborated on the album. The opening act will feature Ribot with the dynamic trio ‘Young Philadelphians, which includes amazing free-funk bassist Jamaaladeen Tacuma and the awesome Grant Calvin Weston on drums. Together they’ll be serving up an amalgam of progressive jazz and funk.

Métropolis, July 2, 9 p.m.

$42.50 *

Looking like a good weekend to go to Montreal!

Montreal Jazz Festival Website

Awesome! Dave, you're talking about this one...

07/05/2000 - at The Metropolis - Montreal QUE - Canada

First Set: We Are Rolling, Brigas Nunca Mais, Macha, Is There Anybody Here That Loves My Jesus > Latin Shuffle, Swamp Road

Second Set: Improv > Untitled Blues, Start/Stop, Dracula, Improv > Sugarcraft, Hey Joe, Note Bleu > Africa > Bubblehouse

Encore: Moti Mo

* Set 2 with Marc Ribot (guitar), Geroge Carzone (sax), Meno Celenu (percussion), DJ Logic (turntables)

Definately the best mmw I've ever seen and one of their all time best shows (according to others as well). I've got copies of the show if you want one. email me.