Jambands.ca

Peterborough this week...

snarfmaster C

last night - wassabi collective at GrassRoots. all the hippie freaks were out for that one, including many imports. hehehe ...oh the looks of passers-by :P

tonight (thursday) - GOAT improv theatre (with Mikey D), followed by the sweet acousticness of Lotus Wight at the MoHo

friday - the GOlden Dogs at the MoHo

saturday - the sanctuary's own Mikey D, Dave Tough (of the silverhearts), and James Kent (of the Spill) are playing solo acoustic sets at THe Spill. not sure about the time for this one.

anybody?

KevO, you gonna be in town?

I'll be in on Saturday afternoon.. just emailed ya.

To add to this list:

Wed Apr 13 -- Silver Hearts @ MoHo

Thurs Apr 14 -- Joel Plaskett w/ Peter Elkas @ Gordon Best Theatre

Fri Apr 15 -- The Sadies & The Spades @ MoHo

Whenever the weather is looking good --- disc golf!

Greatest Of All Time (GOAT) was good - I'll definitely be back in a fortnight to see the Rock-Off between Elias (MikeyD) and ThunderCock ! wow. now that's something to look forward to.

Lotus Wight are a *great* acoustic old-timey string band - harmonica, banjo, gee-tar, upright bass, and fiddle like nothin else.

Since the Peterpatch has come up - does anybody know if Trev Davis is still with the Silverhearts? Last time I caught them, he wasn't (this was rather a few months ago, mind you, and it could have been a rare thing), and last time they'd posted a show for Toronto at the Silver Dollar I went only to find Colin James playing both sets.

If Trev is the Trevor I've met, then, well, he hasn't been at most of the shows I've been to this year (maybe 1 or 2 a month), but he was at one maybe a month ago, so he's still affiliated I guess. The Silverhearts are kinda dissipating... last time I went there were 5 of em on stage. I think they're losing interest. The crowd still shows up, but many of the musicians don't.

If Lotus Wight ever hits up your town check em out - Dave Tough (guitar w/Lotus, banjo in the hearts), Pat Walsh (harmonica) and Sam (not sure his last name.. on upright bass sometimes in the 'hearts, banjo in Lotus) are all in the group.

I might as well give this a bump, cuz these shows are going down real soon..

Wed Apr 13 (tomorrow) - SF&TNFTT at The Spill, playing by donation! Moose what time is this starting at?

I picked up tickets for Plaskett (thurs) and The Sadies + Spades (fri). Plaskett tix are $12 at Moon Dance and Spadies tix are $10 at The Spill.

SF&NFTT show starts at 8

give a call if you're up for stopping by before the show.

i have a meeting in the early afternoon, but i'm thinkin a round of disc golf might be in order. i'll take my discs with me to school and call the barnardo house and boogieknight manor lookin for friends when i'm good to go.

edit to add: YAAAAAAA PETERBOROUGH!!!!:D :cool:

Edited by Guest