Jambands.ca

Searching For The Sound

Palms

My copy of Phil Lesh's new book Searching For The Sound showed up in the mail today and I'm totally excited about it. I didn't think I'd be so interested in another book about the Dead, especially after Dennis McNally's was so good, but I cracked it open about an hour ago and have been enjoying Phil's twisted view of the world. I'm happy to report I got it for a steal on eBay too - $13 US (cover price is $35 Canadian).

Let's hope old googly-eyed Weir doesn't decide to do one of these too.

Anyone else have an opinion on the book yet?

I have to disagree here... I'd love to read about Bobby's experiences with the Dead and his life in general. I'm sure it would be at least as interesting, if not more exciting, than Phil's book...

He'd have to get someone to ghostwrite it for him, I'm pretty sure he couldn't pen it himself, judging by the way he speaks. I know he's quite dyslexic too.

It would be interesting, for sure, but it would probably be super f**king weird too. He's a strange cat.

Edited by Guest

I have to disagree here... I'd love to read about Bobby's experiences with the Dead and his life in general. I'm sure it would be at least as interesting' date=' if not more exciting, than Phil's book...[/quote']

I am really looking forward to reading "Searching for the Sound" - I'm sure it's chock full of stuff that McNally didn't (or couldn't) provide. Needless to say, I would also be interested in a book by Bobby, if he were to write one.

Logic, however, would prevent me from comparing a book that hasn't been written yet to a book that I haven't read yet.