Jambands.ca

Nero Guelph

kung

can't believe no one's posted about these two shows yet. Lots of Skanks there, usually when people come up to me and ask if I'm 'kung' it's not a good thing- reverse was the case. Should have gotten down the setlists. There was a really sparse interesting intro to Lemondust in the second set on the Friday. Third Stone might have been weaved into the Lemondust or another tune in the same set. Pumpkin closer. Saturday was the big stand out. Didn't really pick up on what originals they were actually playing- everything was really stunning and nuanced though. Tear For Eddy came out in the first. Huge Help>Slip>Frank in the second, actually Llama was saying it was slip help slip frank. Very nerofied version though. I think it was a Condor encore (yellow guitar), introduced as a 'short' one. Was really impressed with the boys playing on the whole. Punk is really growing and Jay's got way more to do, alot less of the 'Dave' show.

I had a blast on Saturday! It was a spur of the moment trip from the 'borough and the excitement of just getting up and going helped make for a great night. Good to see lots of old familiar faces and to meet some new ones (nice meeting ya Luke!). Nero were on fire!! I'm liking the new sound with the new bassist. Can't wait to see 'em this Thursday in Peterborough.

yup, great weekend of music! nero on thurday, gtb, etc on Fri, and nero again on sat.

saturday's nero show was such a fucking blast that... ummm... that it reminded me of the last time I saw them in Guelph.

disappointed I won't be going to the show in Peterborough. [Frown]

"Slap that bitch, Punk!"

[Eek!]

Friday was a good show, a little loose, most likely from Dave staying up 'til 2 in the afternoon on Friday. What a party! The band and a bunch of people left to get breakfast, I went home, and started given 'er again. Headed up to Guelph, had a great time. Chris had a sick first set, loved the Peaches, nice treat. 3rd Stone in the second set was great, as was the Pumpkin encore. I brought 2 newbies, they both loved it. Always a rockin' good time at the Jimmy Jazz. Hopefully see you in Peterborough, Jay

www.phishhook.com/lists/PhishRaver

Archived