Jambands.ca

Metheny is playing 5-6 times in montreal!!

headygouda

I guess I'm a bit slow on this, but I just found out that Pat Metheny will be playing in 5-6 projects throughout jazzfest in montreal early july! If I had known about this early, I would be all over this but I already have other plans.

You folks in montreal or nearby will be sooo spoiled.

I can only imagine what some of these one-time ensembles will be like. Please, someone go stealth this!!! This is sure to be the highlight(s) of the jazzfest.

Its time like this that I wish I had a transporter.

Details:

Here are the gigs by date:

July 5th: Trio - - w/ Sanchez and Colley

July 6th: Metheny and Friends (multiple musicians Pat has never or

rarely had the chance to perform with).

July 7th: w/ Charlie Haden

July 8th (early show): w/ Burton, Swallow, and Sanchez (billed as

exploring the music of the classic Gary Burton Quartet)

July 8th (late show): 80/81 Revisted: Metheny and Dewey Redman

Tickets are mostly in the $40-$50 range, Canadian, with the Haden

show a bit more expensive.

Tickets go on sale to the general public on or about May 14th.

However, you can get in on a pre-sale that is going on right now by

signing up at www.ticketpro.ca

WOW! I would love to hear Metheny play with the man who discovered him, Gary Burton!

I saw gary burton last summerand and man, that guy has an ear for guitarists...he was playing with this 16 year old phenom named Julian Lage...the kid was AMAZING! THat and the Bad Plus opened up for them...it was actually the reason I went to the show, but I was blown away buy Burton and his quintet...

All this metheny talk has inspired me to put on toronto's performance... definitely the best show I've seen in years, and that was the tour opener!

I'll gladly BnP this show for anyone who wants to experience 'The Way Up'. Best 68-minute song ever. What an amazing, live experience!!!

Did anyone tape that vancouver gig? Only a handful of this tour's gigs have been recorded, and many of them do not sound that great, mostly lacking in the bass.

Unfortunately, simply listening to Antonio Sanchez does not do him justice. That man is sickly insane.

When I listen to metheny, it makes me wonder why I bother listening to all the other 'jammy' stuff I'm so crazy about.