torturedPOSTER.jpg

FROM NYC

Tortured Soul :::: LIVE SOULFUL HOUSE

w/NICK HOLDER (DHN Records)

PAN-Tiki aka Dj Christian Newhook and more

Saturday, July 2nd

El Mocambo

Tickets $12Adv/$15

In the space where electronica and live music collide and the boundaries between current and classic dance music blur, you'll find Tortured Soul. It's a new concept in the world of house music: no DJ's, no loops, no sequencers... Tortured Soul performs completely live. The instrumentation is simple and organic - drums, electric bass, vintage keys, and vocals - but the sound is thick with layers of heartfelt soul, danceable grooves, and infectious hooks. On stage and in the studio, Tortured Soul blends modern pop and dance music sensibilities with American R&B to create a sound evocative of Jamiroquai, Stevie Wonder, and St. Germain.

As pioneers of a new genre of music - live soulful house - Tortured Soul has kept up a rigorous performance schedule for the past year and a half. Their genre-bending sound has led them to share the stage with superstar DJ's and live acts alike, from Paul Oakenfold, Roni Size, Francois K, Miguel Migs and Felix Da Housecat, to John Mayer, Medeski Martin and Wood, The Legendary Wailers, and The Brand New Heavies. Meanwhile, the group is currently putting together "Tortured Soul: Re-Introduced" - remixes of TS tracks by various DJ's and producers - for a summer 2005 release, coinciding with international festival tour dates.

visit: http://torturedsoulmusic.com

I'm hoping to make the Fat Cats partay, but I need to do something for the B-Girls the same night. I was wondering if you could help me with something? It would take about an hour, 15 min at midnight, and about 45 min at around 2ish. I'm guessing you'll be well busy at these times but if you have any options let me know ... i'll pay for time.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Check out the free TORTURED SOUL mp3 downloads:

sleeve_whenyou.jpg

"When you Find"

Tortured Soul vs. Alistair Colling

feat. Sabina from BRAZILIAN GIRLS

-->DOWNLOAD (9m zip file) original mix

sleeve_howsyour.jpg

"How's Your Life"

Tortured Soul

original demo version

-->DOWNLOAD (10m zip file) hows your life

more mp3 and sample downloads here:

OFFICIAL TORTURED SOUL MP3 PAGE

263.jpg

TORTURED SOUL TICKETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE AT:

BLACK MARKET RECORDS (East of Queen/Bathurst)

619 Queen Street West

(416) 203-7401

PLAY DE RECORDS (South of Younge/Gerard)

357a Yonge St

(416) 586-0380

Shanti Baba Trading Co Ltd (East of Queen/Bathurst)

546 Queen Street West

(416) 504-5034

ROTATE THIS (Queen/Shaw)

620 Queen St. W.

http://www.rotate.com/

(416) 504-8447

COSMOS RECORDS (East of Queen/Bathurst)

607A Queen St W (E of Bathurst)

(416) 603-0254

you can also reserve tickets by emailing:

360@canoemail.com

lots of hype on my side for this show... I hope the TORONTO Jambanders will come out. They were supposed to be the Headliners for Cancelled "COME TOGETHER" JULY 1st Weekend...

I think they would have been a good fit for they're original approach to jazz-soul a la Stevie Wonder, with an organic electro groove vibe. I'm so fucking pumped for this!

I just got off the phone with drummer/vocalist Christian Ulrich. He wanted me to give a shout out to all his friends and fans in Toronto and to thank everyone who gave them such a warm welcome. They just played a huge show last weekend in Central Park and they are very excited about this next run through Canada. The band is well rested and are planning to blow the roof of the El Mocambo!

From Tortured Soul Music.com ....

sm_square_ethan.jpgsm_square_cooly.jpgsm_square_jason.jpg

news and announcements

This weekend, while our countrymen are hanging their flags and shooting off fireworks, we'll be doing the sensible thing: heading to Canada. Patriotism be damned. Plus, the gigs are dope...including another hit with our fabulous friends Brazilian Girls and a return to Toronto and the Montreal International Jazzfest.