Jambands.ca

JORANE with Hunter Eves - Thurs June 2 - Staircase Theater, Hmltn

paisley

my friend Hunter Eves is highly ecstatic to be opening tomorrow night for her idol, the unique and uber talented Jorane... headin down to get my tickets in an hour, spreadin the word

31663.jpg

Jorane's haunting voice and soulful playing of her cello captivates her audience by weaving a sonic dreamscape. A Quebec treasure, Jorane has mastered the art of holding the listener's attention by exploring the relationship between instrument and voice on her six albums to date. Today, Jorane reminisces that even before playing this instrument for the first time, like a meeting with destiny, she proclaimed at sixteen: "One day, I will sing with my cello. Someone then answered: no, your voice is too high and the cello is too grave. But I can’t remember if it is a dream or a souvenir. I rehearsed like a wild person, up to 8 hours a day. I like the left-handed choreography on the instrument. I see it as dance." Jorane resembles an elf that surges with her voice and her virtuoso left hand, out of nocturnal moor. She created a language, using her voice as an instrument, at times improvising, scatting, like the great ladies of jazz.

Jorane will be doing a rare performance at the Staircase Theatre on Thursday, June 2nd.

Hunter Eves is opening.

www.Jorane.com

www.HunterEves.com

Shows starts @ 8pm.

$12 advance \ $15 at the door

Tickets can be purchased at the Staircase.

www.staircase.org

totally incredible PP

Jorane has the biggest voice ever... a much larger than life performer, especially whilst shredding her cello... totally blown away... if you ever get a chance to see her definately GO

Hunter shone as did her band... truly beautiful night all around