Jambands.ca

Are there any Interpol fans in the house?

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

Interpol is pretty much my "band of the moment" right now. They have released two studio albums, both of which are fine examples of how awesome rock can be when not tampered with by studio execs.

They have been compared to Joy Division, The Arcade Fire, Spoon, and Franz Ferdinand mostly for the neo-new wave sound, but sans the cheezy synth.

I tried to see them in Paris when I was there, but they sold out back-to-back nights in a matter of minutes. Some people mentioned that they saw them open for the Cure a couple of years ago, and that's one heck of a double bill.

Recommended song: Slow Hands

Guest Low Roller
Do you know of any of their music that's available on-line?

Their website offers some downloads, live and B-side, but the real gem is the videos section. I've seen some live shows available online, but not many. Their scene is not as taper obsessed like the jamband one is. (Bradm is mighty!)

Guest Low Roller

I love Mike. I don't like The Killers. Coincidence?

I just bought the new Bravery CD. I'll let you know what I think of them.

Some people mentioned that they saw them open for the Cure a couple of years ago, and that's one heck of a double bill.

that may have been me? i saw them last year open for the cure at the molson amphitheatre. fucking awesome. i really liked interpol a lot. i was so pumped to see the cure i didn't give a rat's ass about any of the other bands playing, but interpol was so good i was running up to strangers asking who they were. they looked really young too which made them even more impressive.

by the way, the cure is playing a few dates in europe this summer, there's one in france:

8/5/2005

Show Castellon, ES Spain / Benicassim Festival

www.fiberfib.com

8/10/2005

Show Lokeren, BE Belgium / Lokerse Festival « just added

www.lokersefeesten.be

8/13/2005

Show St. Malo, FR France / Route du Rock

www.laroutedurock.com

8/18/2005

Show Avenches, SU Switzerland / Rock Oz' Arenes

www.rockozarenes.com