Jambands.ca

upcoming Little Feat show(s) ...

mark tonin

When I first heard about the Toronto Little Feat show, I didn't think that I'd be able to make it, given the time of the year. Now it looks like I'll be going, with some friends, and that puts a big smile on my face!:)

This band has influenced so many others. I love the Warren Haynes quote about Little Feat on the Little Feat home page:

"When I was growing up in a little town called Asheville, North Carolina, one of my favorite bands in the world, and still one of my favorite bands in the world, please help me introduce F-E-A-T! Please welcome Little Feat!"

It's also nice to see that they are very willing to call themselves "The Jambands' Jamband" as I'd call them one of the finest old-school jambands ever. In fact, after talking with some long-time Feat fans over the last few years, I'd call them legendary. Very talented musicians, great songs mixed with some tasty jamming, and the last two times that I saw them (in Hamilton) I really enjoyed watching how much fun they were having on stage.

OK, I admit it ... I'm now excited about being able to go to the Toronto show!

Peace, Mark

Greg - I initially thought that I'd be heading to the Buffalo show and not the Toronto show, but now the plan has changed. Toronto it is, and then north with my family starting on Thur. June 30 to visit some friends and enjoy the start of summer holidays.

You post also reminds me of the other free shows in Buffalo coming up in the next few weeks and over the summer. I'm not sure if I'll get to any of them, but it might happen. Thoughts of summer, camping, and outdoor concerts are now dancing in my head ...

Peace, Mark