Jambands.ca

The Raptors?

Booche

I've watched Charlie play in tons of games over the last two years. He is really good, but the Raps need a point-guard and a shooter etc...

Maybe the Raps wanted a guy that would share the load with Bosh in the middle.

Certainly the ESPN guys were shocked. They were all over Babcock last night, and even mentioned the Carter fiasco.

From today's FoxSports.com:

What a disaster. They already have Chris Bosh, yet last year they took Rafael Aruajo, who essentially plays the same position. Then last night they took Charlie Villanueva, a guy who also plays the same position as Bosh and Araujo. They came back strong with Joey Graham, but we still can't get past the Charlie V. selection.

Why wouldn't they take the offer which was on the table to send both picks to the Hornets for Magloire? I thought this trade was happening for sure, did I miss something?

They should have listened to Vince and brought in Dr. J as GM. Peddie is the root cause of the problem.

Have a good Canada Day dudes,

Here's what Chad Ford wrote on ESPN.com regarding Joey Graham ( the Raptors second pick in the First Round ):

Graham is a good pick. He's the best athlete in the draft. When he plays like an animal, he's very tough to stop. The big issue with him is what position he plays. He was a four in college but will have to change to the three in Toronto. I'm shocked that Danny Granger and Gerald Green are still on the board. To me, both guys have more upside and skills than Graham. But you can't fault Babcock with this pick. Graham will give them toughness. But I don't think they took the best player available, once again, and that usually comes back to haunt you.

Edited by Guest