Jambands.ca

OiNK Kicks Ass!

Del

Here's a few gems I've downloaded from there... It's basically the best torrent site I've ever been on...

Grateful Dead - Beyond Description (1973-1989) 12 CD Box Set

Grateful Dead - Dick's Picks 35

Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense

Guided By Voices - Universal Truths And Cycles

Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey - Walking With Giants

The Uncensored Pat O'Brien Answering Machine Messages

I should have invites within a week and a half... They're spoken for, but hopefully those people will get invites, who will pass their invites on, and so on... I'd like to see anyone who wants one from jambands.ca to be able to access the site...

I didn't realize that people pirated struggling jamband-ish music. That's sad.

Actually jamband-ish music makes up about 5% of what's on there... And for every album that's available there are about 5 live recordings... I agree it's sad, but no more sad than burning official releases for friends (something I used to be totally against, but since moving to Ottawa I have gotten used to...). 90% of the jamband-ish stuff is the Dead and Phish, bands that are far from "struggling"... I fully plan on buying some of the albums that I download off of OiNK, but it's nice to be able to sample them before dropping cash on them (that is if I can even find them in music stores)...

can you send me an invite when you get them?

I'm glad to know there's mostly live stuff there. I have that JFJO disc that I got from the CTMF and it's great stuff. The packaging is nice too.

BT is amazing for sharing live music, but unfortunately it's getting a bad wrap by the FBI, MPAA, and ICE.