Jambands.ca

Fleetwood Mac and the Yayo

zero

I was reading a review of the Pixies or Go! Team or someone and in passing the reviewer mentioned a Fleetwood Macesque collaboration except presumably with less cocaine snorting off each other's perineum's. This of course led to a google search which yielded nothing: 'Fleetwood Mac cocaine perineum'. Eventually I found this though. Interessante:

While recording their 1977 masterpiece Rumours, Mick Fleetwood and his Fleetwood Mac bandmates snorted so much cocaine that they demanded that their dealer be given credit on the album. Producers understandably demurred. Sadly, the man was killed before the album was released, quickly solving the dilemma.

[Fleetwood later estimated that, over the course of his career, he had spent $8 million on cocaine. And Stevie Nicks? She snorted so much coke that she was rumored to have hired a special "assistant" to administer the drug rectally. Eventually, the band's road manager instituted a form of rationing, handing out one Heineken bottle cap full of cocaine to each member before each show.]

Fleetwood, Mick (1949- ) American musician [noted for various solo works, and for such recordings with Fleetwood Mac as Fleetwood Mac (1975), Rumors (1977), Tusk (1979), Tango In The Night (1987), and The Dance (1997) - as well as a succesful solo career: Bella Donna (1981), The Wild Heart (1983), Rock a Little (1985), The Other Side of the Mirror (1989), Timespace (1991), and Street Angel (1994)]

[sources: M. Moser, Rock Stars Do the Dumbest Things; Blender, May 2003]

Has anyone heard the story about when Gary Busey hit rock bottom? He was doing blow on his glass table and his dog came by and knocked his whole stash which was undoubtedly substantial off the table the bulk of which landed on the dogs back and tail, so Busey is trying to comb it out, and is sticking his face into the dogs hair and huffing away, he's picking out the dog hair and tics and what not. Then I guess he checked himself in.

Busey also had another incident when he was arrested out front of his house dressed only in a housecoat, wired on mushrooms and crack. I believe it was at the same time as Weezer's Buddy Holly song hit the charts.

Way back I wanted to do a parody of that Busey incident incorporating that Weezer song:

" Oeew wee oeew just like Gary Busey/

whacked out on his crack and mushroom hoard... "

Edited by Guest