Jambands.ca

my new best friend

dJEd

DigiDelay.jpg

i picked this up before Kaki last night and didn't get the chance to fart around with it. i just spent 3 hrs with it and i want to buy another one and keep it in the package. i'll put it on a doilie and worship it.

info

i can finally loop. i'm so happy! even if it is only 4 seconds.

anyone use the BOSS delay? its twice as expensive, yikes.

but then again the LoopStation is a lot cheaper than the Boomerang and its way better. anyway...

GEAR!

I picked up one of these around five years ago,

getdata?table=productModel_cutsheet&field=image_zip&id=12&name=DL4.jpg

And have loved it to pieces. I think I paid twice what they must be going for today. There's an obscene amount of options for delays on top of the ca. 30-second sampler. I heard after I got it that there are also samplers that can work with a couple of minutes' worth of material, but didn't want to know any more about that. Some day, maybe.

I've had it hooked up at the tail end of my Yamaha 4-track, which lets you keep 4 things hooked up into it that you can fade in and out as you like. When I start going with it, I can usually expect not to look up and engage with the rest of the world for the next three or four hours.

Still, that 30-second limit sucks... until it's considered that every mistake you make will stay with you until you hit "off".

i had that boss dd6 for a while, and returned it, traded up to a line 6 dl4, way better IMHO, longer sample time, and way better delay options, i fucking LOVE the shit outta my line6 now, its friggin awesome fun, well have to kick a jam soon there djed

jam jam jam jam

i still want that loopstation! i think the newer version has like 10 minutes. purrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

the old one...

RC-20 Features

Realtime Tempo Change

Phrase Recording/Sampling pedal designed for performers who want to create and play back loops during live performances

Guide Click and Loop Quantize functions for quick, "easy creation of perfect loops using footpedals"

Realtime Tempo Change function allows for changing recorded samples' tempo without changing pitch

Overdub function allows for creation of "sound-on-sound" loops

Stores up to 10 looped phrases and 1 "one-shot" phrase, even after power-off

5 minutes 30 seconds total sampling time

Mic input, Instrument input and Auxiliary input for sampling vocals or pre-recorded audio–even simultaneously

Auto Start begins sampling automatically with incoming audio

Reverse function creates reverse sample playback on the fly

Edited by Guest