Jambands.ca

Roll Call: Dinosaur Jr : PHEONIX

SmoothedShredder

Thank the heady Lord I caught this gig!!!!!

I've been a big fan since 92 and tonight felt like being a kid in a candy store!! Hit after hit after hit! Never in my wildest dreams would I've imagined seeing/hearing these guys together again!

J was hypnotizing, Murph was pounding away and Lou was thrashing it up! The key was they were clearly INTO it, not just going through the motions and counting the receipts.

>>Spinal Tap moment: show begins with band playing behind closed curtains; as the curtain openes it gets caught on a baloon attached to Lou's mike (because it was his 39th b-day); while the curtain's stuck, Lou tries to cut the song short as he popped the baloon, but the band played on ignoring him>> classic!

Overall, the show was THE best "live" Dino experience I've ever had!

Rock on!

setlist:

gargoyle

in a jar

the lung

no bones!!

little fury things

raisans!!

budge

kracked!

Bulbs of Passion!!!!

tarpit!

repulsion

forget the swan!

sludgefeast!

encore

just like heaven

freak scene

encore2: CHUNKS!!!

Geez, were we at the same show?! And other than Freakscene, and Tarpit... I was left asking where the good tunes were... the show seemed like a slap in a face from a band who couldn't wait to get the hell out of Dodge... I thought J might be into it a bit... but because it was Lou's B-day, I think he got to call the shots... and sinces he's an asshole... WYSIWYG...

Oh well, to each their own... and I'm glad some Dino Jr. Fans enjoyed it... but It certainly was no Massey hall... atleast at that show they played slower than 120bpm and quieter than 140 decibles!