Jambands.ca

interesting CBC

Im going home Donny

I saw that the other day. Of course my favorite part was the montage of Bushisms. The case was stated that George W isn't necessarily stupid because he can't speak the English language, but more because of the choices he makes and the people he surrounds himself with.

But boy does he sound stupid when he talks. ;)

I saw that the other day. Of course my favorite part was the montage of Bushisms. The case was stated that George W isn't necessarily stupid because he can't speak the English language, but more because of the choices he makes and the people he surrounds himself with.

But boy does he sound stupid when he talks. ;)

This may open up a whole can of worms, but I don't consider George W stupid in the least. He may be slow-witted, back-country, LUCKEEEEE!, but he got elected President of the United States, a very lofty job. A stupid person can never attain this great an accomplishment. And the people he surrounded himself got him one of the most sought-after jobs in the world, in spite of the candidate. I can't consider them stupid either.

AD

Ah ha, good point AD, however the word stupid has come to mean so much more than a lack of intellegence in our current society. The show opened with a bunch of people off the street trying to define stupid. It was different for everyone.

Ah ha, good point Ms. Hux :) . I didn't see the show, I was just trying to fit in here. Surround myself with people, via the web. Hehehehe.

AD

I wish "terminal stupidity" could be listed as an official cause of death. Not for those subjective, "geez, nude skydiving is stupid, of course you froze your pecker off" kinds of stupidity, but for the Olympic-level, Darwin Award cases of death by stupidity. Suicide-calibre stupidity. For example:

* Strappng a JATO unit onto a K-car.

* Hand-feeding a wild bear for the sake of a photo op.

* Standing outside in a Class 4 hurricane. (No matter how strong you are, the barn door that falls on you will still kill you.)

* Driving anywhere in Montréal. (Last Monday, we saw six cars in a row all backing up on Hwy 40, trying to avoid the traffic jam in front of them by scooting up the off-ramp they'd passed waaaay back there. Apparently there was no thought given to the cars speeding up behind them. Gotta love no-fault insurance, eh?)