Jambands.ca

Did anyone see the Stones at Palais Royale in 2002?

secondtube

cause if you did, the SOUNDBOARD recording just leaked...

The Rolling Stones

Palais Royale

Toronto, Canada

Friday August 16, 2002

PHOENIX-03

SOUNDBOARD

Ripped from original silver CD

Encoded to FLAC using xACT

ARTWORK INCLUDED

1 It's Only Rock'n Roll

2 Sad Sad Sad

3 If You Can't Rock Me

4 Stray Cat Blues

5 Hot Stuff

6 Don't Stop

7 Honky Tonk Women

8 Torn and Frayed

9 Wild Horses

10 Happy

11 I Can't Turn You Loose

12 Heart of Stone

13 Can't You Hear Me Knocking

14 Jumping Jack Flash

15 Brown Sugar (encore)

Here

No I was at Bob Dylan at the Molson Amphitheatre instead, as Dylan is far more important to me.

Though it being the Rolling Stones in a small venue and that setlist "Stray Cat Blues," "Hot Stuff" and "Torn and Frayed" I have all not heard live by the Stones and as Jaimoe stated their first "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" it would have been a great show to go to.

I was mad that they picked the same night as the Dylan concert as I figured with Ronnie Wood being such close friends with Dylan that he would come out and play "Seven Days" or something else with Bob.

This year I am keeping my eyes and ears open and I hope to get into the surprise gig for the Rolling Stones this year.

hey timmy i was at that dylan show too... i remember hearing on the radio as we were driving into the big smoke about the stones show... woulda been fun!

however - i've seen dylan a just a handful of times, and that was my favourite. KICKASS.

I did not attend the show but the recording I have is killer...It might be the same one you posted...I got mine a couple of days after the show from my buddy's dad who is a news man on 104.5 CHUM FM. Excellent show...Can't you hear me knocking is amazing...they played it in Toronto as well at the ACC when the White Stripes opened an couple of months later...What a show...I think I was the only one standing in my section of Baby Boomers.

hey timmy i was at that dylan show too... i remember hearing on the radio as we were driving into the big smoke about the stones show... woulda been fun!

however - i've seen dylan a just a handful of times, and that was my favourite. KICKASS.

That was a KICKASS show indeed.

It was the last time I saw Charlie Sexton in Bob Dylan's band, which was my personal favorite of the nine different Bob Dylan with Band lineups I have seen.

"they played it in Toronto as well at the ACC when the White Stripes opened an couple of months later...What a show..."

i went to that show...wasn't it only like last year?

it really wasn't 2002 was it?

Hey secondtube,

This above statement you made makes you sound a lot older than you actually are.

Tim

ahhhh man...

just checked the stubs

oct 16th, 2002...

damn...

(thanks for pointing that out tim...but what about you making the entwistle death mistake TWO years in a row....sigh....we are both getting too old)

Point well taken. But I actually wasn't there when John Entwistle died, while I was at the Rolling Stones concert.

Secondly, I am older than you by several years. So my excuse is I am becoming an old man.

Tim